Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/5/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
University of Baltimore
Vacancy Number: 300267
Regular exempt position with full benefits package
Position is open until filled. Document review will begin on December 1, 2012.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
The Associate Dean provides strategic leadership for faculty hiring and evaluation, curricular development, course scheduling, program review and assessment, student grade appeals, travel fund allocation, interdisciplinary collaboration, and management of his/her direct reports. Duties include:
• Provides assistance in overall strategic planning, resource allocation, and enrollment management
• Functions as a liaison between the dean and the division chairs to assess staffing needs; facilitates faculty searches, hires, and orientation; oversees the hiring of adjunct faculty and contracts
• Functions as a liaison between the dean, division chairs, faculty, and staff with troubleshooting and problem solving on various work-related issues
• Serves as the key contact person within the Office of the Dean with regard to policies and procedures that pertain to promotion and tenure, post-tenure reviews, sabbaticals, annual faculty reviews, and workload productivity
• Assures that course scheduling meets student need for timely degree completion, faculty workload requirements and fiscal constraints; resolves scheduling conflicts and room assignments
• Assists in assuring preservation of academic standards through oversight of instruction and course evaluation, catalog updates, and through program review and evaluation processes
• Coordinates program assessment activities to foster a culture of learning quality
• Hears student grievances and appeals; contributes to the college in areas of student affairs and academic advising as needed
• Supports the divisions and faculty in their efforts to develop new academic programs, including interdisciplinary programs, online courses, and partnerships with UB’s colleges and schools, and with other institutions, including Universities at Shady Grove
• Coordinates general education offerings with divisions and with other colleges and schools
• Coordinates the work of the graduate curriculum committee and represents the dean on this committee
• Coordinates with division chairs and program directors to determine work assignments; offer workshops and other support
• Serves as the key contact person within the Office of the Dean with regard to policies and procedures that pertain to research (including grant writing and reporting and relevant contracts) and the allocation of travel funds for faculty development
• Provides oversight of college shared drives
• Conducts strategic and data analyses
Doctoral degree in an Arts and Sciences discipline; eligibility for tenure as an associate or full professor in that discipline; 3-5 years of experience in relevant academic administration; familiarity with a variety of academic concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to perform a variety of tasks as assigned by the dean. Able to lead and direct the work of others. A high degree of creativity and flexibility.
TO APPLY: Include your Vacancy Number on all documents. Electronic submission is expected. Submit a single PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered. Visit http://www.ubalt.edu/about-ub/offices-and-services/human-resources/jobseekers/jobs-at-ub.cfm?&posting=750 to review application instructions and then apply.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.