Detailed Job Description
Processes, verifies, and enters all student information, including admissions and registration documents. Ensures the timely processing, accuracy and confidentiality of student information. Communicates and corresponds with students regarding registration issues and processes.
West CampusDepartment: Registrar's Office
Essential Job Functions
1. Verifies and enters student document information. Ensures student records and applications are complete and processed.
2. Updates student information, including changes to grades, majors, and personal information.
3. Reviews and verifies student residency status and visa status for immigrant and non-immigrant students.
4. Responds to student questions online and over the telephone. Prepares and composes written correspondence.
5. Provides students with assistance on matters related to student records and applications.
6. Researches and advises students on appropriate policies, procedures, and possible actions related to student records and admissions.
7. Creates and maintains institutional catalogs for all incoming transfer work.
8. Creates and reviews error reports to ensure integrity of the admissions decision.
9. Performs related verifications, including searching the National Student Enrollment database.
10. Maintains data integrity procedures, processes, and policies to ensure high levels of accuracy, security, and confidentiality.
11. Provides assistance with student registration for special populations, cohort groups, and departments throughout the college
12. Be able to present complex information in a simple format
13.Researches and comprehends statutes and guidelines related to admissions and records
14. Researches and completes validation of transcripts on all non-regionally accredited institutions.
15. Process all degree and non-degree seeking admissions applications for fall, spring, and summer terms
16. Effectively makes quantitative determination related to tests scores and enter them into the admissions database
17. Must be certified yearly to improve processes and increase efficiency
18. Serves as an admissions representative and attend College transitions programs
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Creates and distributes daily work to admissions specialist daily
2. Maintains accurate data in regards to staff productivity and supports Assistant Director of Admissions
3.Responsible for answering inquiries from Admissions Help mailboxes, SharePoint
4. Provides frontline service for students and departments college wide on a daily basis
1. Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred. Experience may be substituted for degree.
2. Admissions and records experience preferred.
3. Customer service, data entry, and retrieval experience.
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
5. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Team Lead Qualifications
1. Demonstrated leadership with department projects
2. Must complete the necessary development through trainings/workshops
3. 12 months experience in the Admissions Specialist position upon completion of department training
4. Meet the objectives that have been set by the Assistant Director of Admissions and Records
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of transfer evaluation, evaluation agencies, higher education institutions, admissions and records policies, practices, and procedures, and the mission of community colleges.
2. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
4. Ability to review, analyze and enter large amounts of data.
5. Display a high level of detail, identify errors, and take appropriate action.
6. Ability to organize, prioritize, and make appropriate decisions.
7. Ability to apply and interpret related policies and procedures.
8. Ability to create and distribute excel reports
9. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
10. Ability to understand and interpret Statutes
$28,896 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.