Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
At the direction of the Assistant Director of Server Administration, the Server Administrator II is responsible for all functions associated with the efficient design, implementation and maintenance of the Windows server environment and to consult with end users and UTS management to determine server and system functional requirements.
• Support Microsoft Windows servers and related systems:
o Acquire, maintain and support server hardware, software, and applications, as well as tools and equipment needed to support the server infrastructure
o Install and test server hardware and software, perform routine maintenance, and apply software and firmware updates
o Install and test server-based applications, perform routine maintenance, and apply patches
o Serve as contact / vendor-liaison for local and remote locations to obtain clarification of problems and to identify solutions or corrective actions and to apply them
o Create, find, and adapt management tools and automation
o Consult with end users to identify hardware and software functional requirements and implement systems accordingly
o Coordinate communication between vendors, users, management, and IT staff
o Generate and analyze system use statistics and make recommendations concerning upgrades, capacity planning and configuration changes
o Tune configuration of systems to enhance the performance and reliability of server and database resources
o Prepare and maintain systems diagrams, as well as documentation of server hardware and software configurations
o Perform routine resource and user administration on servers and related resources like shares and e-mail, including addition and deletion of user accounts and determining / granting appropriate rights and privileges
• Plan and execute ongoing education and informational events required to remain current, fulfill other duties, and provide valuable advice to management on technology-related subjects
• Provide support off-hours as needed with other system administrators and network engineers.
Associates Degree or 2-5 years’ experience (or appropriate education/certifications) with:
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012, SharePoint, Active Directory, VMWare, and Exchange
• Planning and automating enterprise backups for critical data using SAN, NAS, and traditional storage devices.
•Writing scripts as needed.
MCSA Certification or progress towards certification a plus.
Ability to work well with a team of experienced professionals
•Ability to work outside standard working hours is necessary
Associates degree in information systems or computer science.
Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Knowledge of Cisco network terminology, architecture, protocols, operations, VoIP, applications, security, service requirements, and other relevant topics that are used to work with team to support network infrastructure.
Any Cisco Certification is a plus.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.