Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/3/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2012, Nevada State College is the first and only four year institution in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE). NSC places a special emphasis on the advancement of a diverse and largely under-served student population. Located on a developing 500-acre campus in the foothills of Henderson, Nevada, NSC emphasizes high-quality instruction, exemplary service, engaging learning experiences, and innovation as a means to more efficient, effective outcomes in all corners of the campus. Enrollment has grown from 176 students in 2002 to over 3000 students in FY2012.
Nevada State College offers competitive salaries BOQ, plus excellent benefits, including 12.25% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and two health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.
We are seeking committed individuals, who care deeply about higher education and student customer service, to work alongside dedicated executives, managers, staff and faculty in a highly collegial environment. Our staff members enjoy the rare opportunity to shape the college as it continues to grow into a cornerstone of higher education in Southern Nevada.
The preferred candidate will be able to provide reference services in-person and online; identify, evaluate, integrate, and teach new technologies in an effort to support the College's goal of providing a technologically rich educational environment; manage the NSC Library's website and develop the Library's presence in the online course management system, serve as the representative on all web and technology related committees; collaborate with the Director on strategic planning of the library's technology infrastructure.
Minimum Qualifications / Competencies:
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited program or foreign equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology trends, standards, and issues in academic libraries and higher education
- Demonstrated ability providing reference and instruction services in an academic library setting
- Strong service orientation with excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills
Preferred Qualifications /Competencies:
- Demonstrated aptitude in developing and maintaining web presence using a content management system
- Minimum of two years related professional experience in an academic library
- Demonstrated experience using various communication/instruction tools (Web 2.0, social networking, Captivate, etc.) to design tutorials and guides for users of varying skill levels
- Demonstrated experience with HTML, CSS, XML
- Experience with CONTENTdm and a working knowledge of MARC, Dublin Core, OpenURL
- Experience with an Integrated Library System, preferably Innovative Interfaces Inc
- Experience with developing and teaching library/technology content in-person and in an online course management system
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.