Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/15/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the Director of Campus Recreation, the individual will assist in the administration and management of operational and programming aspects of a comprehensive fitness and wellness program. Duties include but are not limited to: supervising and training student staff (approximately 15-20 students), maintain staff schedules, equipment inventory and management, risk management, and special event activities.
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Applicants must be dedicated, motivated, and self-directed individuals with a strong work ethic, strong decision making skills, and outstanding leadership skills.
• Bachelors Degree in Recreation Administration, Kinesiology, Physical Education, or related field.
• Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Experience and success in the management of personnel, fitness programs, and/or group exercise experience in a college environment.
• Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications.
• Personal Training certification through ACE, ACSM, NSCA, or NASM, and an ACE or AFAA Group Fitness instructor certification.
• Experience with computer programs such as Excel, Word, and Publisher. As well as any experience with web site content management, and intramural sports scheduling software (IMleagues).
• Specialty certification in areas such as Zumba, TRX, Yoga, Pilates, Insanity, BodyPump is preferred.
• Supervision of the overall operation of the Falconer Fitness Center and varsity weight room, including summer and break periods.
• Manage the Campus Recreation group exercise program
• Recruit hire, train, schedule, and mentor all supervisors, managers, floor attendants, personal trainers, and group exercise instructors.
• Assist with planning and coordinating student staff training sessions.
• Provide feedback as well as end of the semester performance evaluations on all student staff.
• Develop a personal training and fitness assessment program that fits the needs of the campus population.
• Create and maintain weekly staff schedules using on line scheduling software to ensure coverage and assume responsibility for filling when necessary.
• Track, maintain, and organize all fitness center and group exercise statistics for annual report.
• Assist with Rec Sports/Fitness Center portal updates.
• Coordinate all equipment management and maintenance, safety checks, and assist with other relevant risk management issues.
• Collaborate with other departments on campus to help implement a campus wide wellness program
• Develop and implement continuing education and training for fitness and wellness staff
• Lead group exercise classes and train clients as deemed appropriate, and fill in as instructor when needed
• Maintain professional certifications; serve as a resource on fitness education to staff and campus community.
• Actively participate in professional development
• Work with Director of Campus Recreation in other areas when needed, such as special events, orientation, welcome week, Bee Fit Week, and other campus wide events.
• Early morning/Evening/Weekend work responsibility as required
• Other duties as assigned.
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Graduate and Adult Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references (all saved as one document) via this online application:
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.