Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/10/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the Director of Campus Recreation, the individual will assist in the administration and management of operational and programming aspects of a comprehensive intramural and club sports program. Duties include but are not limited to: supervising and training student staff (approximately 20-25 students), maintain staff schedules, equipment inventory and management, risk management, and special event activities. Evening and weekend hours are required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Applicants must be dedicated, motivated, and self-directed individuals with a strong work ethic, strong decision making skills, and outstanding leadership skills.
• Bachelors Degree in Recreation Administration, Sports Management, Physical Education, or related field.
• Experience and success in the management of personnel, intramural sports programs, and/or officiating experience in a college environment.
• Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications.
• Experience with computer programs such as Excel, Word, and Publisher. As well as any experience with web site content management, and intramural sports scheduling software (IMleagues)
• Work directly with the Director of Campus Recreation to develop and manage all daily operations of the intramural and club sports program
• Assumes the administrative responsibility for student staff to include: intramural supervisors, officials, game workers, and program office assistants.
• Assist with planning and coordinating student staff training sessions.
• Provide feedback as well as end of the semester performance evaluations on all student staff.
• Assists with club sports teams with scheduling, transportation, and all other necessary administrative work.
• Create and maintain weekly staff schedules using on line scheduling software to ensure coverage and assume responsibility for filling when necessary.
• Track, maintain, and organize intramural and club sport participation, and fitness center statistics for annual report.
• Assist with Rec Sports portal updates.
• Coordinate all equipment management and maintenance, safety checks, and assist with other relevant risk management issues.
• Supervise extramural teams on trips to regional tournaments.
• Work with Director of Campus Recreation in other areas when needed, such as fitness center operations, group exercise programming, and outdoor programs.
• Evening work will be required.
• Other duties as assigned.
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references (all saved as one document) via this online application:
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.