Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
American International College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant in the School of Health Sciences. The individual's responsibilities will include: • Enter data, monitor and update fieldwork/clinical databases as directed by the SHS coordinators for clinical education; update
clinical contracts as needed.
• Assist in managing documentation required for students attending fieldwork/clinical, including but not limited to: student health records, criminal verification (CORI) information; HIPAA and OSHA certifications, certificate of liability, and CPR training.
• Compile student clinical education packets and send confirmation documentation to clinical sites.
• Provide assistance to program director (as assigned) with various program administration tasks (e.g. tracking student data for reports, compiling information for annual reports, etc.)
• Assist faculty as needed (e.g. copying, collating exams); provide data to faculty, ACCE & FW coordinators as requested.
• Assist with tracking student admission and progression through academic program (s)
• Assist in addressing inquiries and/or refer students and others to appropriate staff/faculty.
• Communicate inquiries, issues, and concerns to Dean's office as appropriate to maintain smooth operations of the School of Health Sciences. • Communicates professionally at all times with personnel within and outside SHS. • Complete special projects as assigned by program directors and/or Dean of SHS. • Assist with retrieving mail for SHS.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires an Associate's Degree in related field; Bachelor's Degree in related field is preferred; and 1-3 years’ work experience as an administrative assistant.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Work collaboratively with other administrative assistants and faculty
• Commitment to student-centered mission of the School and College
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Graduate and Adult Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references (all saved as one document) via this online application:
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.