Detailed Job Description
Job ID: 1601
The primary responsibility of the associate or assistant dean for curriculum is to work collaboratively with other members of the dean’s staff to develop strategy and implement divisional policies. Associate or assistant dean for curriculum is primarily responsible for most facets of the FSB undergraduate program.
- Works with the assistant dean for enrollment management and director of divisional advising on FSB admissions, enrollment management, and advising efforts;
- Executes the design, collection and maintenance of the FSB Assurance of Learning program for AACSB and University accreditation and liaisons to the University Accreditation Steering Committee on FSB compliance with Higher Learning Commission, and oversees the collection of supporting analytics for these tasks;
- Works with the dean’s administrative team in overseeing FSB’s curriculum and special student programming, including:
- FSB Professional MBA
- All BUS curriculum
- General Business Minor
- Summer PRIME program
- FSB Honors & Scholars Program
- High School Summer Scholars Program
- FSB e-learning initiative
- Howe Writing Initiative
- Adjudicates FSB academic integrity process;
- Works with the director of student organizations and diversity in admissions efforts of diverse populations and the management of FSB student organizations;
- Works with dean, department chairs, faculty and the Undergraduate Studies Committee on curriculum and program development;
- Along with the senior associate dean, serves as dean’s liaison to the FSB and committees as appropriate to area of responsibility, and serves as the FSB representative to various university committees, work groups, events, etc. as needed;
- Oversees the FSB senior and alumni surveys and works with dean’s staff on other metrics required for institutional research efforts;
- Performs other duties as assigned
Senior Director PMBA, Director of Student Organizations and Diversity, Coordinator of BUS 101, Director of Business Honors & Scholars Program, Support Coordinator of PRIME, Director of the Howe Writing Initiative, Assessment Director
Tenured associate or full professor in the Farmer School for the rank of associate dean or full-time faculty member in the Farmer School for the rank of assistant dean. Strong leadership skills and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Three or more years of university administrative or service experience and strong, collaborative, leadership and organizational skills.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.