Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Applications are being accepted from qualified candidates for two full-time Student Services Assistants at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College New Richmond Campus. This position is responsible for working with students in the application, registration, and graduation processes. Applicants must attend and pass qualifying keyboarding testing as noted in this posting to be considered for this position.
• Assessing own learning and progressing toward established personal and professional goals.
• Demonstrating creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Communicating effectively in personal and group settings.
• Contributing to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
• Effecting change and demonstrating flexibility and positive leadership.
• Acquiring and applying technology to working and learning.
Specific position responsibilities are assigned from the following:
Provide cross-functional customer service to students and other customers.
• Accurately process and enter student information related to admissions, registration, grades, course completions, drop/add forms, transcripts, etc., into database.
• Research and proactively assist students in solving problems. Follow up until problem is resolved and/or refer to appropriate staff when necessary.
• Provide financial/accounting record-keeping services.
• Prepare and send out invoices.
• Inventory, order, market, sell, and maintain stock (books, supplies, materials). Return unsold books and materials to vendor.
• Accurately enter financial information (purchase orders, accounts payable, petty cash checks, third party contracting information ) into database.
• Assist in payroll process.
Provide administrative support services to faculty and staff.
• Compose, prepare, edit/proofread, and distribute correspondence, minutes, reports, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software.
• Design, develop, and update promotional brochures, flyers, forms, and other materials.
• Organize, establish and maintain electronic databases and paper filing systems.
• Assist in preparing and managing departmental and campus budgets.
• Prepare and process equipment bids and quotes.
• Assist in recruitment and selection process for new staff.
• Assist in organizing and coordinating location/campus events.
• Provide information and assistance to internal and external customers.
• Actively participate on campus, regional, college-wide, and state teams and committees.
• Provide specialized knowledge and training to other team members.
• Assist and serve as backup to other staff as needed.
• Develop and maintain procedures manual for position.
1. Two years related post-secondary education/training OR four years related work experience, OR a combination of related post-secondary training/education and work experience totaling four years.
2. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of a computer, computer applications and software such as email, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
3. Ability to contribute to a team environment.
4. Strong customer service skills and ability to work well with students, staff and faculty.
5. Knowledge of current office practices and procedures and skill in their application.
6. Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, to work independently on assigned tasks, and to work under pressure.
7. Ability to keyboard 40 net words per minute.*
*Applicants must attend and pass qualifying keyboarding testing as noted in this posting.
$13.84 – $14.86 hourly
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.