Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/9/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Program Manager/Sr. Program Manager (English Language Academy)
Department: Continuing Education
Job IRC #17955
Under the general supervision of the Program Director of the English Language Academy (ELA), the Program Manager/Sr. Program Manager administers the promotion, delivery, evaluation and budgets for assigned existing public educational programs and assists in the development of new programs and course materials.
This position reports to ELA Program Director, and exercises supervision over the Program Coordinator (as work lead), part-time and/or temporary employees, and student employees.
1. Program Development
2. Program Promotion
3. Program Evaluation
4. Program Delivery
5. Program Budgeting and Financial Management
6. General – Conducts analysis, prioritizes work assignments and develops policy and programming recommendations.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• With the guidance and direction from the Director assists with teacher training locally and for overseas programs; and serve as academic liaison to overseas centers.
• Promotes professional development through developmental observation, personalized development plans, team and individual training
• Encourages staff through coaching, counselling, and setting performance standards to achieve high performance and meet the teaching standards of ELA
• Responsible for curricular reviews
• Implements agreed upon teacher standards of ELA
• Evaluates online classes (Blackboard, etc.) and coordinate training and support for teachers and students
• Provides support, general orientation, and mentors for new instructors
• Coordinates exam dates, proctors, test prompts (drafting, evaluating, norming, proctoring and scoring)
• Oversees teacher evaluations and safeguards academic staff personnel files
• Purchases textbooks, CD’s, and other materials related to the academic program after through research with assistance from Staff, and with Director Program approval
• Works in conjunction with the Student Services Advisor to facilitate students’ academic planning including monitoring learning contracts for students with academic sanctions
• Directs curriculum development and makes recommendations to the Program Director for adjustments or changes to student services, program delivery, and curriculum; and further implements the approved changes independently.
• Builds a continuous learning culture for students and staff alike
• Reviews instructor/course effectiveness to insure the high quality and integrity of the ELA programs are maintained and revised or suspended if/when necessary
• Insure a minimum number of students are enrolled in any given course to insure financial viability
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years of demonstrated work experience in an education, or related institution/environment.
• Budgetary and financial experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
• Understanding of the administrative functions, academic programs and requirements of a university.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated technology skills and ability – (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
• Strong organizational skills and ability.
• Ability to negotiate.
Senior Program Manager – in addition to those above:
• 4 years of demonstrated work experience in an education, or related institution/environment.
• 2 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of performing needs assessment for planning courses and programs.
• Knowledge of managing public education courses at the university or corporate level.
• Skill in using business software systems in the completion of work assignments; i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation.
• Knowledge of issues in higher education and/or a specialized academic discipline or field.
• Thorough attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
• Thorough research and fact verification skills.
• Knowledge and use of collaboration software (chat, desktop sharing, conferencing).
• Experience managing a team
• Working in a multi-cultural environment
• Teacher training and managing employee performance
• Experience working with a budget
• Handling difficult issues
• Strong leadership qualities
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work well without close supervision, meet deadlines, and handle confidential information in a professional manner
• Knowledge of student development, curriculum design, and assessment
Senior Program Manager – in addition to those above:
• Extensive knowledge of delivering public education programs.
• Extensive knowledge of current public education programs and trends.
• Extensive skills to produce and deliver public education programs.
• Extensive knowledge of performing needs assessment for planning courses and programs.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends in order to meet project deadlines. Must be able to work with all required technologies and tools.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: $46,000 - $62,000; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Note: This position will be hired at either the Program Manager or Senior Program Manager level depending upon the experience of the candidate selected.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; usual work hours Monday-Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego will be a smoking and tobacco-free campus effective August 18, 2015. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click http://apptrkr.com/655720 to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.