Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/15/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Department of Social Work at the Metropolitan State University of Denver is seeking applicants for one full-time open rank, tenured or tenure track (Category I) position with primary assignment to the graduate program. The candidate will be able to teach in the following areas: Practice and Research. Applicants are encouraged to have expertise in one or more of the following areas: Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Health Care, Addictions, Children, Youth, Families, Community Organizing, Organizational Change, Power, Privilege and Oppression, Social Work Theory, and Philosophy. Rank and tenure are commensurate with experience.
Teaching: The successful candidate will have primary assignment to the MSW program and teach in the areas of departmental need and candidate qualifications. Teaching will consist of 24 semester credits per academic year. Instruction may also include BSW courses. Teaching may include online, face to face, and hybrid instruction; face-to-face instruction may include day, evening, and weekend as needed. The successful candidate may also take on lead faculty responsibilities for specific courses and be responsible to update and modify online and on campus course material.
Advising: The successful candidate will advise a designated load of MSW students and perform professional advising for students in the program.
Scholarly Activities: The successful candidate is expected to have an ongoing scholarly agenda and produce peer-reviewed scholarship.
Service: The successful candidate will perform service work including work on Departmental, College and/or University committees. Candidates are expected to maintain an active service involvement in their professional and geographic communities.
1) Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)-accredited institution.
2) Two (2) years relevant post-MSW experience.
3) Earned doctoral degree in social work or other related discipline (ABD will be considered with evidence of degree conferral by August 15, 2016)
1) Five years post-MSW experience
2) Social work education experience
3) Previous teaching in an online or distributed learning context
4) Previous teaching or practice experience serving first
5) The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups. Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply generation college students and/or historically marginalized populations.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com
In order for your file to be considered complete you must submit all of the requested documentation.
If you are unable to submit copies of transcripts at the time of your application please submit them to Elyse Menard at email@example.com.
Confidential review of applications will begin November 1, 2015 and will continue until on-campus interviews are conducted.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.