Detailed Job Description
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Maintain five office hours each week.
10. Support the college's goals.
11. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Master's degree in computer science, information science or computer information systems (or a master's degree in a related discipline and comparable combination of course work and relevant professional experience). Ability to communicate concepts at an introductory/intermediate level such as productivity applications, programming, operating systems, database management, networking and/or Web development.
Must have bachelor's degree in multimedia or related field; master's degree preferred. Two years experience. Knowledge and experience with gaming, multimedia, and/or computer graphics software used in courses required. Industry experience preferred.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than December 1, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time tenure-track instructor-level 10 month position with benefits.
Anticipated start date of this position is January 2016.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) and its Board of Trustees are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment for all. College conforms to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment. The College CCAC does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry or place of birth, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, use of a guide or support animal due to disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran status, or age or use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical disability of any individual. Creating, supporting and sustaining a diverse community prepare our students to be effective in the world outside of CCAC.
The College also prohibits and will not engage in retaliation against any person who in good faith reports a violation of this policy, makes a claim of discrimination or harassment, provides information in an investigation of a potential violation of this policy, or otherwise engages in protected activity under the law. Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
College conforms to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment.