Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/1/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Blue Mountain Community College
Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management
Reports To: Vice President, Operations
Position ID: 13001
Salary Placement: Exempt/Technical Salary Band 3
Type: Continuing, depending upon funding
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Leads and directs the functions of the Enrollment Management Unit (EMU), which include student recruiting, admissions, advising, testing, tutoring, financial aid, student records, academic standing, referral to counseling, career services, disability services, student affairs, student services, publications management, and several major grants, including a TRiO grant and a DOLETA grant. Plays a leading role in the development and implementation of student success strategies, and is a member of the college’s Achieving the Dream steering team. Actively participates as a member of assigned college committees and performs all functions and activities within the guidelines and philosophy set forth in the BMCC Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
• Leads EMU in ensuring the coordination of departments within the unit, ensures proper functioning and effectiveness of unit activities, directly supervises and evaluates the Directors and Coordinators within EMU, and ensures that all staff within areas of responsibility perform to college standards, receive appropriate training and development, and work productively to achieve department and college goals.
• Develops and implements long-range planning of student support functions. Ensures integration of unit activities with other departments and units within the college.
• Understands the concept of enrollment management; can convey the concept to groups of varying sophistication, and can clearly articulate enrollment management goals and plans of the college.
• Oversees outreach efforts to underserved student populations, including Latino and Native American communities in Northeast Oregon.
• Provides executive-level management or independent oversight of student activities, including but not limited to student clubs, extracurricular activities , Associated Student Government, and BMCC Student Ambassadors.
• Leads college-wide student retention and outreach activities, setting the standard for customer service and internal collaboration by example.
• Continually analyzes EMU systems and processes for improvement and implements approved changes.
• Works with other management team members to ensure the administrative information system is used to its maximum ability to provide data, facilitate student access, enhance work processes, ensure compliance to law and/or regulation, and enhance student success.
• Responsible for oversight of all budgets in EMU.
• Researches, drafts, and recommends procedures for areas of responsibility.
• Assists other areas and committees within the college to reach enrollment management goals.
• Participates as a member of the President’s Cabinet and management team.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to effectively direct and guide the activities of others, convey abstract concepts, and motivate participation of diverse groups.
• Strong management and supervisory skills, including the ability to plan effectively, analyze systems, integrate work flow and processes, and supervise diverse groups.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Must understand budgets and resource allocation principles. Requires the ability to effectively plan work within the resources provided. An understanding of Zero-Based Budgeting is desirable.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines. Must effectively plan work and be organized to accomplish multiple and widely varying tasks and projects for self and others.
• Must be able to work cooperatively as a part of a team, yet spend time independently developing, researching, writing, and working on individual projects.
• Willingness to continually learn new skills, concepts, and duties and to effectively convey the skills and concepts to others.
• Must be proficient in the use of computers, particularly Microsoft Office Suite and administrative information systems
• Must have strong analytical skills and experience with establishing and monitoring measurable outcomes. Experience with Microsoft Access and Tableau is desirable.
• Must be committed to serving the needs of a diverse community, and must have experience providing services to underserved populations.
• Knowledge of and experience in accommodating students that fall within the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
• Thorough understanding of best practices for student success in community colleges. Must have a strong commitment — and the ability motivate, empower, and facilitate the collaborative efforts of faculty, staff, administrators, students, and other stakeholders — to implement best practices that will increase retention and improve student success.
Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree required.
• Five years of progressively responsible management experience in a complex working environment, with three years in enrollment management, student affairs, or student services preferred.
• Other Aspects of this Position
• Flexible hours, requiring evenings and weekends.
• Community service and involvement encouraged.
To apply, http://www.bluecc.edu , Jobs at BMCC, then position of interest. Or email email@example.com or phone 541-278-5947. BMCC is an EOE and participates in E-Verify..
BMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator and participates in E-Verify.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.