Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/12/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
In collaboration with the management, provides technical leadership in the development of technology solutions for one or more business areas of the college. Focus includes PeopleSoft and related enterprise applications.
Typical Essential Duties
· Participates in the development of user and operational documentation;
· Documents implemented applications to facilitate effective support to the related systems;
· Interacts with the help desk to document and resolve technical problems expediently;
· Provides and coordinates maintenance and end user support for PeopleSoft and other enterprise systems;
· Engages in development testing, coordinates end user testing of computer system applications;
· Supervises and coordinates tasks of programming and systems personnel, as necessary, to provide technology solutions;
· Writes computer programs and applications according to specifications, employing the use of programming languages and/or software packages available at the college;
· Coordinates and provides employee training on the use of technology and software systems.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in a related field to assigned area.
Four (4) years of experience working as Business Analyst or Programmer with programming experience, to include functional modules of PeopleSoft in the finance, HR/payroll or student administration systems.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
Incumbents coordinate and implement the maintenance, use and enhancement of software or hardware systems critical to the operation of the College. Responsibilities may include analyzing system capabilities and implementing process and procedure changes to better utilize software or hardware; coordinating with software vendors regarding software support and system enhancements; coordinating projects involving the implementation of new software or hardware, or system changes; and training end users.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
1.Manages multiple systems, applications, and/or functions and related projects which include estimating project costs, identifying system risks and needs, and performing related duties.
2.Researches information technology problems and discovers sources of errors; analyzes systems capabilities and implements necessary operational changes; participates in the development and/or review of equipment and/or service specifications.
3.Confers with users to determine needs and implement best practice solutions. Provides end-user support and troubleshooting of software problems and issues.
4.Designs, writes, and implements interfaces, applications, reports, and web pages; identifies and interprets technical information to develop data solutions.
5.Coordinates projects with internal and external parties as necessary.
6.Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills, and Physical Requirements
· Knowledge in one or more of the functional areas of HR/Payroll, Finance and Accounting and Student Services Administration and/or Financial Aid
· Systems analysis and design principles;
· Project management principles;
· Applicable programming languages;
· Process improvement principles;
· Web site development methods, principles, and practices;
· Operating systems;
· Customer service principles;
· Training principles;
· Computers and related software applications.
· SharePoint development;
· Business Intelligence skills an advantage: SSIS, SSAS, dimensional modeling;
· Skills in database development: Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQ;
· Skills in PeopleSoft development: PeopleTools, PeopleCode, SQR, Application Engines, Component Interfaces, Integration Broker;
· Ability to reason logically, adjust to change and be innovative
· Attention to detail;
· Ability to plan, organize, document and meet deadlines;
· Ability to work independently to resolve and maintain all aspects of technical support;
· Installing, configuring and troubleshooting technological platforms, databases, and systems;
· Utilizing and managing systems;
· Establishing and following procedural and technical standards;
· Monitoring and assessing web sites;
· Training end-users on applications and systems;
· Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience;
· Designing, developing and implementing applications;
· Interpreting customer requirements and translating into system specifications;
· Using a computer and related software applications;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
· Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions;
· Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.