Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/30/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Department of Sociology at Portland State University (www.pdx.edu/sociology) invites applications for three positions at the Assistant or Associate Professor level to begin September 2013.
The successful applicants will have expertise in one of the following areas:
• medical sociology/social determinants of health, or
• environment and/or social sustainability
• Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in their areas of expertise
• Conduct active research programs
• Secure external funding for research
• Supervise graduate students, and participate in collaborative projects within the department.
• Play a significant part in shaping our newly established Ph.D. program and to contribute to the Bachelors and Masters level programs.
• Create an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
• Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
• Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
• Adheres to all of PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Required Minimum Qualification:
• Ph.D. in Sociology or related field. ABDs considered—must have Ph.D. by September 15, 2013.
• Demonstrated teaching excellence
• Ability to execute a funded research program
The starting annual salary for this position is dependent upon qualifications and experience with an excellent benefits package including generous healthcare and retirement benefits, and reduced tuition rates for the employee, spouse or one dependent at any campus of the Oregon University System.
Send or e-mail application letter indicating teaching and research interests and experience, a curriculum vitae, and three letters of reference to:
Bahar M. Jaberi, Search Coordinator
Portland State University
Department of Sociology
PO Box 751
Portland, OR 97207-0751
Review of applications will begin October 31st, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.
Portland State University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.