Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/1/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Academic Advisor and Retention Specialist (AARS) works with students in the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences (CLAS). The position is responsible for helping incoming and continuing students using developmental advising techniques. The AARS will help students determine an appropriate academic path, including selecting an appropriate major, choosing classes, and beginning to define a career path. In collaboration with chairs and other faculty members in the academic departments served, the Academic Advisor & Retention Specialist will also will also make targeted outreach to students to identify potential obstacles to retention and graduation.
The AARS also help plan and deliver University-wide and College-wide advising programs and initiatives, such as new student orientation advising, support for General Studies, support for CLAS curricular initiatives, and support for the University’s Hispanic Serving Institution initiative.
This posting is being used to fill 9 positions.
50% Provide advising services to students in the assigned areas:
• Conduct individual advising sessions with students
• Assist with course selection, scheduling and registration
• Help student with long-term degree planning
• Help student begin or continue career planning process
• Refer students to appropriate University resources
20% Monitor progress of assigned students
• Identify students who are not reaching program milestones as defined by department chairs or faculty advising coordinators
• Design and implement appropriate interventions
• Prepare reports on student progress
15% Provide support for University initiatives/programs such as
• New student orientation
• General education requirements
• Hispanic Serving Institution
10% Professional Development
• Remain up to date on advising systems and trends in developmental advising;
• Become/remain knowledgeable about the curriculum over time
• Make appropriate use of technology as it changes
5% Other duties as assigned
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system at www.msudenverjobs.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.