Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/14/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for directing the college’s human resources functions. This position reports directly to the College President.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
• Provides strategic vision and leadership for planning, development, direction, and administration of human resources operations.
• Establishes short and long term goals for human resources initiatives.
• Ensures compliance with college objectives and with state and federal laws and regulations.
• Serves as a link between management and employees by interpreting and administering employment contracts, advising on policy matters, and helping resolve work-related problems; fosters and maintains positive relationships with all levels of the organization including the Board and legal counsel; provides advice and counsel to the President and administration on complex human resources matters and issues.
• Plans, directs, supervises, evaluates and coordinates the work of human resources staff in matters relating to hiring, orientation, information systems, compensation, benefits, unemployment, workers compensation, performance management, training, employee relations, Title IX and auditing systems and services.
• Ensures integrity of compensation system and application of established pay plans; manages and directs the college’s compensation program.
• Advises, counsels, and coaches supervisors on matters related to difficult staffing issues; reviews documentation and recommends appropriate actions.
• May investigate and assist with Equal Employment Opportunity claims; remains informed of current laws and regulations.
• Participates as a member of the College Leadership Team and provides a strategic vision for College Human Resources.
• Manages annual salary development for the budget process; prepares and manages personnel budgets; approves personnel transactions and supplemental payments.
• Maintains records and compiles statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers and terminations; identifies and determines causes of personnel problems and develops recommendations for improvement.
• Researches, develops and coordinates updates to human resources policies and procedures; provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
• Conducts wage and equity analyses, internal and external market surveys, new hire salary determinations, and compensation studies.
• Participates in and supports continuous quality improvement.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of business and management principles.
• Knowledge of personnel recruitment, selection and training principles.
• Knowledge of employee classification, compensation and benefits administration.
• Knowledge of organization structure, staffing patterns, and job design.
• Knowledge of state and federal employment laws, regulations and reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of budget development and management principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of accreditation guidelines and continuous quality improvement process.
• Knowledge of statistical sampling and survey methodology.
• Skill in the delegation of work assignments, setting expectations, and monitoring delegated activities.
• Skill in the understanding of technology, electronic data and software programs.
• Skill in analyzing and reporting data.
• Skill in decision making, problem solving, conflict management and negotiation.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The President along with the Senior Director establishes department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Title IX, Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act, Affordable Care Act, other state and federal employment laws, board policies, the employee handbook, and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application. This position develops departmental guidelines.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied management and supervisory duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to direct the college’s human resources functions. Success in this position results in the efficient and effective human resources services consistent with college objectives and in compliance with laws and regulations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, job applicants, attorneys, board members, contractors and vendors, other human resources professionals, students, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over Assistant Director (I), Benefits Manager (1), Employment Analyst (1), Classification and Compensation Analyst (1), Human Resources Generalist (1), Senior Administrative Assistant (1) and Senior Human Resources Technician (1).
All candidates are subject to a Criminal Background Investigation prior to any offer of employment.
This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning August 31, 2015 as they are received.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.