Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/12/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
1. Monitor and report on the continuous security of the campus Network and mission critical systems and servers (Datatel, Blackboard, E-Mail and Web).
2. Assure deployment of vendor supplied patches, service packs, hot fixes, and virus definitions to mission critical servers and client systems.
3. Maintain Firewall and Intrusion Prevention Systems.
4. Perform routine network vulnerability scanning.
5. Manage and review security log information.
6. Implement and maintain the University's Information Security plan.
7. Perform end point encryption of university assets.
8. Facilitate and conduct campus-wide risk assessments.
9. Participate in evaluation and selection of information security-related products.
10. Provide Information Security-related documentation, awareness training, and troubleshooting.
11. Assist departments within Information Services with special projects.
12. Perform all related duties as assigned by the Information Security Officer (ISO).
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Technology or equivalent information security experience in a TCP/IP network based client/server environment.
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux including SSH and SSL, Kerberos, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server and IIS servers and
Active Directory including Group Policies.
- This individual must demonstrate strong analytical problem solving abilities, and be able to work with various levels of personnel.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Experience with intrusion detection/prevention, network monitoring, vulnerability scanning, and data encryption are preferred.
- Proficiency with TCP/IP, Microsoft Windows Networking, Wired & Wireless Ethernet topology, LAN infrastructures, remote access systems, Firewalls are preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.