Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/3/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Public Safety Officer II is responsible for maintaining and ensuring the safety and security of students, faculty, and staff along with College-owned or used properties.
Essential functions of the role include:
1. Conduct foot and mobile security patrols of all campus property. Identify and detain violators to turn over to proper authorities.
2. Conduct initial investigation of incidents and file written reports as required.
3. Review report logs and provide immediate follow up; works closely with personnel from municipal fire and police department or other outside agencies.
4. Respond to all calls for service including lockouts, escorts, noise complaints, etc., in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
5. Respond to all medical emergencies and provide emergency medical care as required. Contacts emergency responders such as police, fire and/or ambulance as required. Investigate all "accidents" on campus.
6. Observe, investigate and report any safety or fire hazards present on campus.
7. Enforce college parking regulations through physical patrol of all parking lots.
8. Develop a thorough knowledge of all campus security posts including Quad and Central Control.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.