Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/26/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1546 - SATSS - PT
Performs a variety of basic clerical tasks related to up-dating and maintaining departmental records and files.
Two temporary positions to assist in customer service, receiving and processing of student packages for the first three weeks of classes.
1) Maintains files and records so they are orderly and easy to locate; pulls and refiles individuals records as needed; determines proper location for unfiled material.
2) Enters any new or corrected information to hard copy or computer files and records; creates and labels new files as needed; processes forms and/or financial documents.
3) Provides information to students, faculty, staff, or guest/outside vendors either in person, by mail, or by phone.
4) Performs various clerical services which may include answering phones, greeting visitors, typing, or copying.
5) Opens, sorts, and distributes correspondence including requisitions and invoices.
6) May locate and tag University property; may deliver and retrieve material from other departments.
Duties may include all phases of package receiving and pickup, as noted:
- Assist with all receiving duties related to student packages to include acceptance of deliveries by carriers, related recordkeeping and sorting; use of computer and related tools for scanning into internal tracking system.
- Assist with storage of student packages on shelves located in Student Package Center in appropriate locations.
- Customer service duties - provide customer service to student customers with courtesy and tact; pull packages for customer pickup; assist troubleshooting lost packages and issues with package pickup.
- Provide support to all areas as requested.
Requires a high school diploma or GED and six months of office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to use a computer and related equipment as needed.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.