Detailed Job Description
Provides leadership and vision for the Computer Access Lab, learning support technology and tech specialists associated with the campus division of Learning Support. Develops, acquires, monitors, and maintains technology solutions used for teaching and learning initiatives in the division of Learning Support.
West CampusDepartment: Open Computer LabsDegree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Essential Job Functions
Supervises technology and computer lab operations in a campus Learning Support division. These areas include the library, tutoring center and testing center. May provide additional tech assistance to enhance the endeavors in Student Life Skills, LinC and SL courses.
2. Hires, trains, evaluates and schedules learning support tech personnel and lab staff in conjunction with the instructional assistants.
3. Facilitates resolution of College, faculty, staff and student's technology needs (i.e., Valencia student portal, on-line course delivery system, on-line tutoring, class-specific software and hardware) in the assigned areas.
4. Oversees the coordination and instruction of the Computer Access Lab’s workshops.
5. Responsible for coordinating technical training and support for faculty and students related to classroom support technologies, distance learning, and other identified technology issues associate with the division of Learning Support.
6. Works with related campus and college departments to market services and create collaborative solutions as applicable.
7. Assists in evaluating programs and online resources suitable for faculty/staff and students related to Learning Support.
8. Maintains Learning Support web pages, FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media accounts.
9. Works with the tech team and OIT to develop network and application solutions for the technology in Learning Support.
10. Responsible for the oversight of operation and maintenance of the local area network, computer hardware, peripheral devices, and other related equipment within Learning Support. May perform minor lab equipment repairs.
11. Provides oversight for the security and management of equipment inventory, security, licensure, copyright and other requirements of lab holdings.
12. Works in conjunction with the Dean of Learning Support to develop short and long term Learning Support technology goals in accordance with the campus and college strategic plans.
13. Works collaboratively with the campus Office of Information Technology in determining technology acquisition, implementation and support.
14. Develops and maintains appropriate budget and coordinates purchases for hardware, software, audio-visual aids and other materials.
15. Assures that applicable measures are in place for data collection and proficiently manages database applications. Complies data and prepares statistical reports.
16. Serves on appropriate college committees.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a discipline deemed appropriate by the hiring authority or a combination of education and experience that is deemed appropriate by the hiring authority [Required.]
2. Progressively responsible experience in a computer environment, preferably in an educational setting.
3. Experience in working with social media, networked enterprise applications, project management, database operations, and hardware and software troubleshooting.
4. Supervisory experience.
5. Teaching/training experience.
6. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
7. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of basic computer hardware, software, and databases that would be used in an academic support environment.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
3. Ability to supervise, coach, and provide direction to employees and students.
4. Ability to effectively oversee and support computer lab and technology operations in multiple locations across the campus.
5. Ability to prepare and present group and individualized training on related technologies.
6. Ability to instruct and communicate with individuals with diverse learning styles.
7. Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair basic software and hardware components.
8. Ability to create and/or maintain related websites, servers, and applications.
9. Ability to apply problem solving techniques and time management effectively.
10. Ability to identify technology needs, generate operational reports, conduct research, and make appropriate recommendations.
11. Ability to prepare and manage a budget.
12. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$42,645 - $53,726 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.