Detailed Job Description
Primarily responsible for teaching in discipline or discipline areas in which he/she has specific training and/or competence. Plans, organizes, teaches, and provides feedback to promote and direct student learning in keeping with Valencia's learningcentered values and in a manner that meets the essential competencies of a Valencia educator. Responds to students in a timely manner and communicates with the discipline and division via college-provided tools and resources.
Lake Nona Campus Closing Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 7:00pm EST Degree Requirement: Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution with a major in Economics or 18 graduate semester hours in Economics plus a master's degree or higher.How to Apply:If you’d like to apply for the job listed above, click on either the “Apply with LinkedIn” button to use your LinkedIn profile, or click “Apply Now,” located on the left, to complete the application process. For consideration, all documents must be uploaded at the time of application. This includes a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, letters of reference and any other documents related to this position. Once you have completed the application process, included documents cannot be altered and no additional documents can be uploaded. For consideration, the following is required: a completed Valencia College on-line employment application, learning-centered statement, unofficial transcripts(degree must be conferred by the time of hire), cover letter and resume. If you are a current Valencia College employee with a learning centered statement, transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire) and resume on file, this information is still required to be submitted with the application in order to finish the process. It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services. During the online application process, you will be required to provide a response to specific questions to complete the application process. All letters of reference must be attached at the time of application. Note: If you choose to apply with LinkedIn, please make your profile public to ensure that we can view your resume information. If your profile is private we will not be able to see your material or information.
Essential Job Functions
1. Prepares and delivers instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepares instructional materials. Provides feedback on students' progress, including evaluation of student mastery of course and program outcomes.
2. Provides feedback to students in matters related to academic success in a timely manner.
3. Prepares and submits required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college. Maintains and disseminates current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college.
4. Is familiar with and maintains behavior and actions consistent with college policies.
5. Maintains professional development/growth according to personal needs and requirements for certification.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Appropriate level of education [required] See Credentials Procedures Manual at: http://valenciacollege.edu/faculty/forms/credentials/
2. Teaching experience at the community college level (in some cases, related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes may be used to support an application in lieu of degree and course work requirements).
3. Professional commitment to education.
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
5. Ability to perform all of the Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
6. Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours and travel between campus locations as required.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge and understanding of learning-centered values.
2. Knowledge of, ability to develop, and commitment to use emerging technologies and alternative delivery methods appropriately, including online delivery, hybrid course options, content software, web-enhancements, etc.
3. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
4. Ability to design learning opportunities that promote student life skills development while enhancing discipline learning. Demonstrated understanding of developmental advising (Valencia's LifeMap) and competency-based learning (LifeMap).
5. Ability to develop and implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students and that promote both acquisition and applications of knowledge and understanding (Learning Centered Teaching Strategies).
6. Ability to use consistent, timely formative and summative assessment measures to enhance learning (Assessment).
7. Ability to design learning opportunities that acknowledge, draw upon and are enriched by student diversity in the learning environment (Inclusion and Diversity).
8. Ability to design and implement curriculum that aligns elements of student learning toward growth in the Student Core Competencies and progression through course sequences (Outcomes-Based Practice).
9. Commitment to stay current and continually improve knowledge and understanding of the discipline (Professional Commitment).
10. Ability to continuously examine the effectiveness of teaching, counseling, librarianship and assessment methodologies in terms of student learning by engaging in the scholarship of teaching and learning (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning).
11. Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally (in group and one-on-one settings), orally, and in writing.
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.