Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1509. Unclassified - FT
Under specific direction, perform Tier 2 support for various software and hardware while being trained on how to perform Tier 3 support.
1. Follow well-defined support procedures and run proven code/fixes with oversight.
2. Learn procedures, contacts, etc. for handling service requests, incident resolution (both hardware and software), etc. for services.
3. Participate in change management processes.
4. Primary Tier 2 & Secondary Tier 3 support (both hardware and software) for Solution Delivery including consumers of apps, systems, and services.
5. Follow established security best practices to identify/avoid application security vulnerabilities.
6. Provide support and problem resolution of computer applications and related hardware.
7. Prioritize support issues and work on multiple tickets concurrently.
8. Actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
9. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
10. May teach an approved one credit hour course per semester on an as needed basis and with division approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field by date of hire
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, by date of hire and 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field by date of hire and 2 years of relevant experience
-4 years of relevant experience
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.