Detailed Job Description
Responsible for oversight of the Continuing International Education (CIE) and Client Service Center (CSC) units within Valencia College Continuing Education with a focus on creating impact on Valencia's students and community and supporting the college’s mission. Duties include development, implementation, and evaluation of Continuing International Education programs and overall management of the Client Service Center to maximize student enrollments for Continuing Education programs. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Global and Continuing Education.
West CampusDepartment: Continuing International EducationDegree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Essential Job Functions
1. In collaboration with the Assistant Vice President, Global and Continuing Education, assists in developing strategic plans for each unit that are consistent with the college's mission, strategic objectives, values, vision, and policies.
2. Directs the development, implementation, and evaluation of Continuing International Education programs including language and global workforce programs, and the Intensive English Program.
3. Oversees the management of the Client Service Center to maximize student enrollments for Valencia College Continuing Education programs.
4. Ensures that the Intensive English Program maintains its accreditation status with the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
5. Ensures compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, including regulations pertaining to the F-1 Student Visa Program and the U.S. State Department for the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program.
6. In collaboration with team members, develops, reviews, and updates policies and procedures associated with the daily operation of assigned areas.
7. Works in collaboration with the college’s marketing department to develop and implement marketing plans for all assigned areas.
8. Oversees the hiring, management, professional development, and evaluation of staff and instructors.
9. Partners with academic and support units across the college to support student learning.
10. Works collaboratively with outside agencies and organizations in support of program delivery and strategic goals.
11. Develops and administers assigned budgets.
12. Conducts ongoing program assessment to understand programs’ strengths and weaknesses, and establishes a model of program improvement across all areas including curriculum, instructor development, teaching, learning, and technology in all instructional modalities.
13. Researches, articulates, and disseminates information regarding industry trends and best practices in areas such as curriculum, program content and design, instructor development, and student services.
14. Responsible for meeting enrollment, revenue and related performance goals as assigned.
15. Continually evaluates effectiveness of business processes for increased efficiency and cost savings.
16. Prepares periodic reports on activities, progress, status or other special reports for management and/or outside agencies.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree [preferred]; bachelor’s degree [required] from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Experience in the development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs.
3. Experience working in higher education administration.
4. Fiscal management experience.
5. Experience with CEA accreditation.
6. Proficiency [preferred] in at least one language other than English relevant to a desired
market for international students.
7. Experience working with international students in an educational setting.
8. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
9. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Ability to communicate effectively in a multilingual/multicultural environment, interpersonally, orally and in writing, with supervisors, co-workers, faculty, and students, and external partners.
2. Multi-level thinking, planning, organizational, and communication abilities.
3. Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and complete assigned work within deadlines.
4. Ability to effectively lead employees to achieve peak performance goals and recognize need for training and education to improve performance.
5. Ability to research related information and regulations, prepare reports and documents, and attend to details with a high level of accuracy.
6. Ability to diagnose issues from a "systems" perspective and design strategies that fix the system.
7. Possess critical thinking skills in setting priorities, assessing situations, and making sound and prudent decisions.
8. Ability to work in teams in a collaborative environment.
9. Knowledge of SEVIS and F-1 visa student regulations as outlined in 8 C.F.R. § 2
10. Ability to operate a PC and a high level skill in using a variety of software applications, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office.
11. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$49,382 - $61,778 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.