Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/26/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Instructional Designer will provide expertise and support in high quality course and curriculum development for online, hybrid, and other technology-enabled delivery methods. This will include assisting the Director with planning, creation, implementation, and assessment of training programs for faculty and academic staff in the use of best instructional strategies, best instructional technologies, and all online and hybrid teaching certifications. The incumbent will also work with academic deans to support quality assurance of online courses. The Instructional Designer will also assess the current online and hybrid course offerings to measure quality of design and usage of technology tools as well as conduct and maintain evaluation reports of such offerings.
Duties will include the following:
• Lead the development of high quality online offerings for the University; this will be a collaborative effort with faculty and other academic leaders
• Ensure all online and hybrid course offerings meet the needs of diverse students by developing curriculum that is culturally responsive and aligned with the University core values
• Plan faculty development events that support innovative and effective teaching through workshops, symposia, and faculty-led teaching panels
• Present and coordinate curriculum-related presentations to all campuses, including small groups, departments/programs and college wide meetings
• Organize certification seminars for faculty in online and hybrid teaching and learning; certify that instructors’ course content meets pre-determined quality standards and includes interactivity and engaging materials; certify that course content is commensurate with the accreditation guidelines; act as a liaison between certification process and academic leaders
• Utilize effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills
• Develop and maintain educational resources for faculty including tips on effective teaching practices, assessment guides, software training courses, YouTube Channel material and other on-demand resources available through the CAFÉ website
• Utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools and train others on their usage
• Serve as a liaison to departments and colleges including Library faculty, the Learning Enhancement Center (LEC), and Office of Information Technology (OIT) for quality instructional and technology support; assist in the planning and delivery of student technology support in conjunction with the Library, LEC and OIT
• Support grant writing and management for CAFÉ-based programs focused on the instructional design aspect of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive data and exchanges with faculty and staff
Required Knowledge and Skills
Teaching/training; performance measurement; multimedia, curriculum and course development; ability to work independently or on a team
Able to quickly learn university technology
Complex project management skills
Data management and analysis
Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design and courseware development principles
Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
High attention to detail
Ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines
Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, dynamic team
Deep and broad knowledge of instructional design concepts and principles
Master’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject.
Required Software Proficiencies
Project management tools
Multimedia authoring tools
Experience with authoring training tools
Experience with LMS’s and ePortfolio
5-7 years related experience (in higher education) or training
Demonstrated experience as a manager in a higher education setting
Effective, culturally competent teaching in higher education
Online course and curriculum design and implementation in higher education
Doctorate in related field
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.