Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/24/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The University of La Verne is a 120 year old, independent, comprehensive, doctoral granting institution in southern California with a strong emphasis on teaching excellence, community engagement, and an increasing commitment to research and publication. The University is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution with a large proportion first-generation students. The University aspires to be a leader in higher education in meaningful and lasting advancement for diverse students, faculty, and staff. The successful incumbent will work strategically to support the mission, vision, and strategy of the University and play an integral role in serving faculty and staff towards the goal to become an employer of choice in Higher Education.
The University of La Verne Office of Human Resources welcomes collaborative and dynamic applicants with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for the position of Assistant Director of Recruitment and Retention. The Assistant Director of Recruitment and Retention Manager leads the recruitment and employment processes to attract, onboard, and retain the best talent to become the employer of choice in higher education. Oversees all initiatives to recruit, select, and retain Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Staff, Student Employment, Grant-funded Positions, and Temporary Staffing for the University. Establishes innovative sourcing strategies to attract top candidates and will research, develop and participate in programs and services to build high-caliber candidate pools and develop a diverse pipeline of candidates. Establishes collaborative relationships with hiring managers, department chairs, deans, and search committees and provides timely and accurate communication and advice on recruiting trends and best practices.
Recruitment & Selection
1. Develops and implements University recruitment strategy to attract top quality, diverse candidates to evolve the University as an Employer of Choice in higher education. Administers the recruitment process from start to finish, including position development and approval, job posting and advertisements, applicant management (screening, interviews, etc.), hiring and onboarding. Partners with department supervisors and managers to provide guidance on departmental reorganizations and restructures, assessment of appropriate staffing levels, and skill requirements/gaps. Manages the usage, processes, and relationships with executive recruiters and staffing agencies. Builds a social media strategy to attract the best talent. Assumes talent acquisition responsibility for complex/challenging recruitment assignments as assigned.
2. Serves as a liaison/coach to hiring supervisors, managers, and search committees at each phase of the process. Maintains close contact with hiring supervisors and managers to monitor customer satisfaction and cycle time for employment processing. Evaluates and continuously refines recruitment practices to ensure qualified, diverse candidates are available for all applicant pools. Measures the success of various job posting sites and make recommendations to ensure effectiveness. Monitors trends and best practices within talent acquisition and determines approaches to integrate within the University.
3. Leads the design and delivery of employment branding and innovative recruiting activities that produce awareness and attract high-quality candidates to the University. Conduct ongoing analysis to determine how recruitment processes may be streamlined, new talent pools can be developed, and department resources can be most effectively deployed.
4. Processes all employee immigration and right to work processes on behalf of the University. Ensure that visas are current and appropriate for the position sought or held. Oversee all visa records. Collaborate with Immigration Attorneys and apply for and process all visa and permanent residency applications and documentation. Handles and provides expertise by completing all I-9 Forms and documentation for employees with Visas. Processes all immigration billing received by attorneys and tracks expenditures.
5. Responsible for the workforce planning and retention analysis for the University. Conducts new hire surveys and/or focus groups to collect retention data. Creates and maintains proactive plans to identify and develop talent pools consistent with hiring expectations and the needs of the university. Analyze success against metrics and create and execute plans to achieve ongoing improvement in results that will reduce time to fill, quality of hire, cost per hire and source effectiveness.
6. Ensures talent acquisition practices and reporting are compliant with University policy and all federal, state and local laws. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues and trends, labor laws, and legislative initiatives that have short and long-term implications to the University.
7. Leads and develops the staffing team to optimize services to internal clients and produce measurable and cost effective results for the University.
Employment/HRIS Data Processing
8. Manages the employment hiring process including offer letters, background investigations, pre-employment physicals, reference checks, Form I-9s, and other employment related processes. Serves as a resource as a reciprocal I-9 employer.
9. Ensures accurate and timely processing of all employment paperwork into the HRIS system for new hires, existing employee status changes, and temporary employees. Conducts audits to ensure data integrity. Works closely with the Compensation & HR Manager to provide comprehensive, coordinated customer service to hiring managers related to job descriptions and compensation reviews.
10. Oversees the applicant tracking system and serves as primary contact for applicant tracking system questions, training and support. Leverages system capabilities to create employment reports and metrics. Provides input on the development and continuous enhancement of the applicant tracking system.
Orientation & Onboarding
11. Coordinates new hire orientation sessions and onboarding support for all departments and ensures employees are knowledgeable of current policies, programs and procedures.
12. Facilitates onboarding processes with departments and coordinates events to bring new hires together to build a sense of community and foster retention.
13. Tracks talent acquisition metrics and budget/spending, and provides regular updates and reports, as appropriate.
14. Ensures all billing related to recruitment and employment is processed. Audits invoices and ensures timely payment to vendors. Provides data for departmental reporting and presentations as required.
15. Plans and coordinates employee recognition awards and events, including the Faculty & Staff Award Ceremony and Annual Retirement Celebration.
16. Represents the University at internal and external recruitment-related events, job fairs, meetings, and serves on various University-wide committees.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.