Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/24/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The University of La Verne is a 120 year old, independent, comprehensive, doctoral granting institution in southern California with a strong emphasis on teaching excellence, community engagement, and an increasing commitment to research and publication. The University is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution with a large proportion first-generation students. The University aspires to be a leader in higher education in meaningful and lasting advancement for diverse students, faculty, and staff.
The University of La Verne Office of Human Resources welcomes applicants with strong administrative and customer service skills for the position of Administrative Assistant II, Recruitment and Retention.
The Administrative Assistant II, Recruitment and Retention provides administrative and customer service support for the University to help attract, onboard, and retain the best talent to become the employer of choice in higher education. Support all Faculty, Staff, Adjunct, and Student Employment recruitment, selection, and retention administrative processes. Responsibilities include HRIS data entry to process and audit all employment paperwork for new hires and existing employee status changes; supports new hire orientation and onboarding programs; and processes all employment billing.
1. Support recruitment & selection processes including posting jobs, developing offer letters, preparing and completing employment paperwork, coordinating background investigations, pre-employment physicals, and reference checks, and providing customer service support for internal and external inquiries.
2. Enter employment changes into the HRIS system for all new hires, existing employee status changes, and terminations, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality. Conduct data entry audits.
3. Prepare and setup new hire orientation sessions and support employment related meetings and training events. Complete all legally required paperwork and serves all employees with related questions. Prepare and maintain employee personnel files. Ensure all employment paperwork is filed timely.
4. Process all billing related to recruitment and employment. Audit invoices and ensures timely monthly payment to vendors. Develop and run reports as needed. Provide data for departmental reporting and presentations as required.
5. Assist with retention programs such as faculty & staff award program, student employee of the year, and retirement celebration events.
6. Provides front desk coverage for breaks, lunch, vacation, etc. as needed. Provide support to the Human Resource team and staff members as necessary.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma required.
• 2-4 years of Human Resources experience with administrative responsibilities.
• 2-4 years of recruitment experience with job postings, offer letters, coordinating orientations, providing data entry support, and customer service.
• 1-2 years of experience serving diverse customers in a high paced work environment with a strong sense of integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy, and professionalism.
• Knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws.
• Strong attention to detail, quality-focused, ability to solve problems and achieve results.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain effective relationships. Strong oral and written communication skills. Presentation experience preferred.
• Computer skills utilizing MS Office applications, internet, applicant tracking system, and HRIS system experience.
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion and confidentiality. Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to perform in a time sensitive environment and work independently.
• AA Degree in Business Administration or equivalent college experience preferred.
• HR certification desired.
• Social media experience and social networking experience preferred.
• Experience with recruitment in higher education preferred.
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.