Detailed Job Description
Responsible for providing leadership, vision, expertise and creativity to support and develop the college's Web and Portal services and systems. Serves as the primary point of contact for Web and Portal Services to the college community. Serves as co-chair of the Web & Portal Advisory Group with the marketing department to establish and recommend strategies and high-level priorities for Valencia's internal websites, external websites, and portal that are consistent with the College's mission and goals.
Directs and supervises staff in support of Web and Portal Services including Web and portal design and development.
West Campus Department: IT OfficeDegree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides leadership, vision, and coordination for Web and Portal services and systems. Leads the assessment of overall needs, establishment of priorities, and the distribution of responsibilities.
2. Manages and oversees support and developments of the college's Web and portal and auxiliary systems. Directs and supervises staff in support of Web and portal services.
3. Oversees college Web and portal design efforts in close collaboration with Marketing and Strategic Communications, faculty, staff, and academic leadership.
4. Participate on key IT leadership teams and other project teams as assigned. Specifically, manage daily operations and supervise, direct and review the work of staff.
5. Leads development and testing of Web and Portal portions of Disaster Recovery Plans. Oversee and review documentation of restoration procedures and ensure daily operating procedures to meet Disaster Recovery requirements.
6. Creates, recommends, promotes and communicates standards, policies and procedures for the Web and portal.
7. Oversees management and maintenance of an enterprise level content management system, including development, implementation and assessment of training programs and services.
8. Works collaboratively with staff and campus administrators to identify and provide support for Web and portal initiatives, strategic issues and process improvements.
9. Provides support to staff in the use of Web applications and tools integrated within the Web and portal.
10. Provides leadership to and management of assigned staff, including hiring, training, managing, establishing projects and resource priorities.
11. Ensures Web development staff is informed about the most current developments in Web and portal technologies, including software and hardware.
12. Develops reports and presentations related to Web and portal technology as required.
13. Ensures compliance with licensing, copyright laws and regulations related to college-wide Web and portal sites, software and services.
14. Manages Web and portal contracts, vendor relationships and procurement activities as required.
15. Serves as the primary point of contact for the area being managed with responsibility and accountability for all work, projects and communication from the department and the timely completion of departmental tasks.
16. Functions as a member of the management team of the Office of Information Technology and a representative of the office to all Valencia and external constituencies.
17. Manages direct reports to promote teamwork and to develop professional and technical qualities necessary in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department, the Office of Information Technology, and Valencia College.
18. Manages all Human Resources related tasks for direct reports including, but not limited to performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and professional development opportunities.
19. Monitors status and tracking of all projects and work delegated to the department and direct reports.
20. Keeps direct reports and other managers well informed of issues, project status, and other relevant information.
21. Escalates and communicates issues and changes to all necessary stakeholders in a timely fashion.
22. Recommends, initiates and implements improvements to IT operations and processes and contribute constructive suggestions for change or improvement in other areas.
23. Manages all status reporting for the department, including personal and supervised staff status reports (including weekly, monthly, annual and special project reports).
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution [required];
2. Higher education experience preferred.
3. Experience in Web development and support, portal management, or related field [required].
4. Experience with and ability to develop and follow change management procedures and guidelines.
5. Management or supervisory experience preferred.
6. Training, staff development and/or teaching experience.
7. Demonstrated management and leadership experience; willingness to work in a team-based environment.
8. Evening and weekend working hours required at certain times.
9. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
10. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of Web development programming languages, including software and hardware platforms and online systems.
2. Knowledge of Portals, usability design, integration technologies and applications.
3. Demonstrated oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Ability to work with minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a team.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and the College community.
7. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
8. Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to effectively resolve or escalate issues to management or vendor support areas as necessary.
9. Ability to write reports, documentation, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
10. Ability to learn new technologies, systems and software and adapt to change on an ongoing basis.
11. Ability to prioritize, manage and delegate multiple projects and tasks using accepted project management methodologies.
12. Ability to handle multiple assignments through prioritization and time management, and effectively document and communicate status of projects and issues to management and Information Technology personnel.
13. Self-motivator, organizer and detail-oriented team player that possesses the ability to participate in collaborative Web development processes and activities.
14. Ability to possess strong intellectual and analytical skills.
15. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
16. Ability to respond to common inquiries, complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community with professionalism, enthusiasm and superior customer service.
17. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
18. Ability to travel between campus locations.
$79,780 - $90,811 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.