Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/25/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
INSTRUCTOR, NURSING- Review Date: August 26, 2015 - Open Until Filled
Position #: 1500112
Cover Letter, Licenses/Certificates/Permits, Resume/CV, Transcript Master's Degree (Must include Award/Confer Date)
Classified Position Type:
$70,744 to $90,742 Entry Level Annual Salary (Academic Salary Schedule 2014-2015)
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Faculty also receive paid sick leave.
This faculty position is a full-time 100% FTE position as Nursing Instructor located at Evergreen Valley College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health, the instructor will be assigned to teach medical/surgical/geriatric nursing. As a member of the faculty, this person will accept the collegial responsibilities associated with full-time status. These duties include but are not limited to:
1. Committee assignments, conference attendance.
2. Updating, developing and evaluating curriculum.
3. Participating in accreditation and state approval processes.
4. Participation in meetings, developing effective learning activities and evaluation tools/criteria for theory and clinical teaching.
5. Keeping and submitting accurate records of student attendance and grades.
6. Keeping accurate anecdotal notes and information supporting student performance in clinical assignments.
7. Posting and maintaining scheduled office hours.
8. Working effectively within a team-teaching structure through consistent team meeting attendance and communication among all team members.
9. Ability to lecture, do clinical evaluations, write test questions that demonstrate critical thinking and be clinically competent.
10. Ability to effectively teach a diverse student body.
11. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
1. Current valid California Board of Registered Nursing License (CA BRN).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Master's in Nursing
Bachelor's in Nursing AND Master's in Health Education or Health Science
The qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher.
a. Master or higher degree from an accredited college or university which included course work in Nursing, Education, or Administration. If degree other than in Nursing submit information verifying course work in Nursing Education.
b. Completion of at least one (1) year experience teaching courses related to Registered Nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes PRACTICE IN TEACHING REGISTERED NURSING.
c. Direct patient care experience within the previous five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she is assigned, which can be met by: (A) One (1) year's continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area; or (B) One (1) academic year or of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent.
2. Current valid California Board of Registered Nursing License (CA BRN).
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
*Equivalency: Applicants (including current or former employees) applying under equivalency bear the full responsibility of submitting by the closing date the District's Equivalency Application in addition to the Faculty Position Application with details and evidence of the factors (academic preparation and/or experience) they believe to be equivalent of the required qualifications for this positions.
Application(s) for equivalency are required for any of the following reasons:
1. degrees are not in exact discipline required;
2. degree is in progress;
3. degrees were earned at a college/university not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U. S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U. S. Department of Education; and/or
4. degrees were earned at a college/university outside of the U.S.
Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U. S. degrees by a certified U. S. credential review service. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice; thus will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.
More equivalency information, along with the form, can be obtained at http://www.sjeccd.edu/HumanResources/Documents/Equivalency%20Application.doc
1. Prior teaching in Nursing at college level.
2. Public Health Nurse Certification.
3. Working knowledge of multi-media materials, computer-assisted instruction, Moodle.
4. Current acute-care nursing skills.
5. Ability to use technology as a teaching and learning tool.
6. Ability to work effectively in a team teaching environment.
7. Ability to travel between multiple work locations.
8. One year of full time experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care within the last 5 years (Clinical teaching applies toward direct patient care experience.).
9. One year of academic experience in the following: teaching nursing courses in a diploma, associate or baccalaureate degree pre-licensure registered nursing program OR providing in-service education OR practice in teaching nursing as part of a course.
10. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2014, with enrollment of approximately 16,000 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 26%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 25%, American Indian/Native American 1%, White/Caucasian 8%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: http://apptrkr.com/645870. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or http://www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.