Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/16/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1500131
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Transcript Bachelor's Degree (Must include Award/Confer Date)
Classified Position Type:
ITSS (Information Technology Support Services)
$93,588 - $114,185 Annual Salary (Range 150: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2014-2015). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 17 paid holidays.
The SharePoint Developer/Administrator reports to the Network Technology Manager at the District Office. This position is 12-months per year position, 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Reporting to an assigned administrator in ITSS, the SharePoint Developer/Administrator manages the internal and external SharePoint environments, including design, development, programming, deployment, database integration, third-party integration, mobile integration, accessibility, maintenance, training and support. Under supervision, the SharePoint Developer/Administrator works with District and College administrative departments and staff to analyze and document requirements for efficient SharePoint-based solutions for organizational units and the enterprise. Solutions may involve using out-of-the box SharePoint resource, developing layouts, deploying web parts, creating custom content types, new templates, managing users and groups, programing and developing solutions that extend SharePoint and Office platforms through various customization techniques and integration with third-party products including the ERP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design and develop internal and external portals in SharePoint Server to include public sites, internal team sites, document management, automated workflow, collaboration, messaging, and content management for websites and mobile applications.
2. Develop custom programs using ASP.NET for the efficient use of SharePoint and for integration with the ERP and third-party applications.
3. Plan, design and implement SharePoint security including, but not limited to, authentication, security roles, user groups, audiences, and item level security.
4. Provide analysis services to end-users in planning, developing and deploying departmental and enterprise level SharePoint solutions.
5. Develop custom web parts and integrating enterprise content with SharePoint to include developing data repositories, content indexing and workflow.
6. Prepare for and perform technical installations, upgrades, configurations, and support the overall SharePoint environments; manage customizations for implementation.
7. Configure and administer services, InfoPath services, web frontend servers, indexing servers and database servers, social networking features, User Profile Services, site metadata, Enterprise Managed metadata, Excel services, Enterprise Wikis, Blogs, etc.
8. Provide SharePoint system administration including, but not limited to, analysis, capacity planning, integration and quality assurance.
9. Promote online solutions and facilitate those solutions District-wide; identify practices and processes that can be improved through the use of SharePoint.
10. Perform project management tasks for SharePoint development and implementation projects including, but not limited to, research, planning, documenting, leading, tracking and evaluating.
11. Participate in multiple projects as key technical resource that may include implementation, issue resolution, and development.
12. Provide end-user support and training through a variety of means to include the person, training documentation, training videos, training resource compilation, etc.
13. Evaluate current and emerging SharePoint technologies and practices; recommend solutions and best practices.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. SharePoint Server implementation for public websites and internal team sites.
2. Document management, automated workflow, collaboration, messaging, and content management.
3. SharePoint security design and implementation.
4. ASP.Net framework for developing web and mobile applications.
5. Web parts development and enterprise content integration.
6. Current and emerging SharePoint technologies and best practices.
7. Principles of program design, coding, testing and implementation.
8. Principles of operations of computer technology and telecommunications.
9. Principles of training, support, and services to end-users.
10. Interpersonal relationship techniques.
11. Modern office administrative practices and use of tools including computers, websites and other applications related to this job.
Skills and Ability to:
1. Provide and maintain software applications to meet the needs of the District.
2. Research and compile information.
3. Prioritize and manage assigned projects by work schedules and task timelines.
4. Assimilate and organize information in a logical, consistent manner.
5. Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others.
6. Communicate in a clear, concise manner to a variety of audiences.
7. Effectively advise customers on the data collecting and information dissemination capabilities of SharePoint website.
8. Work with attention to detail and independently with minimum supervision.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. At least three years of experience developing with APIs, ASP.Net and development tools made available in SharePoint 2013 (work experience in 2010 is acceptable).
3. Significant experience with administering SharePoint technologies (Windows SharePoint Services, SharePoint Server, InfoPath, Forms Services, Excel Services, Search, Business Data Catalog and Web Services).
4. Experience with configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
5. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the individuals we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
6. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Microsoft SharePoint certification such as MOSS, WSS, MCSE, or MCSD.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of IIS, XML, PowerShell, SQL Server, LDAP, JAVA, and HTML.
3. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
1. Must sit for long periods of time, use hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard, reach with hands and arms, and speak clearly and distinctly to ask questions and provide information, hear and understand voices over telephone and in person.
2. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: http://apptrkr.com/645070. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or http://www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.