Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/9/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1500124
Cover Letter, Other Transcript(s)/Coursework, Resume/CV
Classified Position Type:
$70,831-$86,436 Annual Salary (Range 122:Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2014-2015). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 17 paid holidays.
The Electrician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor located at the District Office to be assigned district-wide. This position is a 12 month per year position, 40 hours per week: Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Under general supervision, the Electrician performs journeyman level electrician technical work in the installation and replacement of electrical fixtures and wiring in buildings and equipment, such as power distribution systems, lighting systems, motors, and motor controls and signaling. This work requires comprehensive knowledge of the trade of Electrician. Incumbent in this classification uses appropriate tools, safety techniques, equipment and supplies to maintain and repair the electrical systems and equipment of building and other facilities, and to perform a variety of related construction and general maintenance work as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Inspect, plan, repair, install, service and maintain electrical systems, including conduit and duct systems, light and power circuits, motors, generators, transformers, control equipment switches, and other types of electrical lighting and power components.
2. Prepare and adhere to a schedule of periodic electrical system inspections and preventive maintenance.
3. Maintain electrical systems in compliance to electrical standards and codes, and health and safety requirements.
4. Install fire alarm, clock, and bell signal systems.
5. Redesign and alter incomplete or improper electrical systems.
6. Analyze drawings for the purpose of identifying location of current electrical systems to determine future installations of additional systems, components and/or modifications.
7. Replace ballasts in lights; replace lighting, lamps, and ballasts at athletics fields, including light towers, and in parking lots.
8. Install necessary interior and exterior wiring for equipment and appliances such as computers, test and lab equipment, pumps, lighting, motors, and service disconnects.
9. Check blueprint to identify possible electrical maintenance problems.
10. Estimate cost of jobs; order and maintain inventory of electrical supplies and materials; confer with appropriate administrator regarding cost effective use of materials and supplies.
11. Perform general maintenance work as required, including clean up after work is completed.
12. May serve as electrical inspector on small District projects.
13. May supervise others in performance of electrical work.
14. May be on-call twenty-four hours a day.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Methods, materials and equipment used in the electrical trade.
2. Operations and repair of high voltage electrical switch gear system or similar systems.
3. The national Electric Code, Electrical Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety CAL / OSHA Regulations and local applicable electrical codes and ordinances.
4. Safety factors in the operation of equipment and materials.
5. High voltage testing.
1. Read, prepare, interpret and work from wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and blueprints.
2. Repair, install, service, and maintain electrical equipment and wiring systems.
3. Use and care for electronic tools.
4. Follow oral and written instructions and to work cooperatively with others.
5. Analyze and diagnose system malfunctions.
6. Maintain accurate computerized or manual records and reports on completed assignments.
7. Operate and maintain a variety of equipment and tools in safe, clean and proper working condition.
8. Observe safety requirements and safe work practices and methods as required.
9. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
10. Work independently and under minimal supervision.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
1. A valid California motor vehicles driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Educational equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
2. Completion of appropriate trade school courses or journey-level certification.
3. Three years of increasingly responsible journey level electrician experience. .
4. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
5. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: http://apptrkr.com/642203. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit:http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.