Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/23/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Community Relations is responsible for managing the relationships between the university and its host communities of Medford, Somerville and Chinatown in Boston. The mission of the office is to develop and maintain positive relations with the communities through partnerships that serve the goals of the university and our host communities in a mutually beneficial manner.
The Administrative Assistant manages a very busy office with key responsibilities for budget management, scheduling, and support to the Director and Assistant Director. This position assists with the logistics for community use of campus facilities on both the Medford/Somerville and Chinatown campuses. The position also contributes to Community Day, the Tufts Neighborhood Service Fund, and other outreach programs. The Administrative Assistant is first point of contact for people who have concerns, are seeking information, or have requests of the university. This position is key in all efforts to get information into the communities, including overseeing the updating and development of the "neighbors" page and other departmental pages on the web site. Another key responsibility for the position is managing the development and maintenance of record keeping systems for community contacts, resources, programs, etc.
• Bachelor's degree plus two (2) years of related experience OR an Associate's degree plus four (4) years of related experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) , web browser, Outlook email and calendar software, basic desktop design and publishing, database creation and management, and basic office equipment
• Valid US driver's license and access to a vehicle
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work independently
• Must be a self starter
• Must possess ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
• Meticulous attention to details Internet savvy, resourceful, and ability to think "outside the box"
• Experience managing budget reports
• Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills
• Clear and effective communication skills
• Sensitivity to confidential information
• Ability to produce drafts of letters, reports, etc.
• Minor lifting (file boxes) of up to 20 lbs.
• Must be able to walk up and down stairs as the office is on the first floor and the records archiving is on the third floor
• Must be comfortable working outside bringing notices to neighbors when there's not sufficient time to recruit student workers, working at Community Day, attending community events, etc.
Experience in a university environment is helpful. Experience with both PCs and Macs is beneficial.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
May occasionally be asked to work outside of the Monday-Friday, 9-5 schedule (e.g., coming in before 9 am to check on a set up for a community meeting, working at Community Day on a Sunday in the early Fall, etc. Occasional overtime will be required to meet deadlines).
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/6svqd52
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.