Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/26/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
DIRECTOR, COLLEGE FISCAL SERVICES
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Transcript Bachelor's Degree (Must include Award/Confer Date)
Classified Position Type:
Finance and Administrative Services
$102,287- $121,215 Annual Salary (Range M25: Management 2014-201 Salary Schedule). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Manager, Supervisor, and Confidential employess also receive 22 vacation days, 17 holidays, 12 sick leave days and 6 administrative leave days per year.
The Director of College Fiscal Services reports to the Vice President of Administrative Services located at Evergreen Valley College. This is a full-time classified management position, 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Under administrative direction of the Vice President of Administrative Services or assigned supervisor, the Director of College Fiscal Services provides accounting and financial reporting expertise to the college and ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State and College regulations and policies. The Director of College Fiscal Services manages the operations and staff of the Business Services Office. The individual is responsible for overall management of accounting operations, including general ledger, accounts payable, non-student accounts receivable, financial reporting, and auxiliary services accounting
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position serves as principal liaison for the Vice President of Administrative Services and the leadership of the college in the management of the college budget and completion of a wide variety of required reports. The incumbent oversees the college’s accounting, budgeting and finance functions, and personally performs a variety of responsible professional accounting work within a robust technology based ERP system.
• Provide leadership for all financial operations of the college which includes the design of systems, preparation/presentation of financial reports and budgets, preparation of documents for annual audits, monitoring of revenues and expenditures, conducting financial analysis and development of internal controls.
• Provide leadership in the use of technology to achieve administrative efficiencies.
• In consultation with Vice President of Administrative Services and appropriate budgetary units, prepare annual budget for the college and establish control program and systems to assure compliance with allocations. Prepare revisions to the budget as required.
• Develop and provide periodic budget reports and financial projections to management staff.
• Recommend and monitor achievement of the appropriate reserve levels within the budget to address long-term needs and year-to-year carryover.
• Provide supervisory support for the Vice President on functions related to strategic planning and participatory governance.
• Formulate campus business policies ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and district internal accounting/fiscal reporting procedures.
• Oversee all campus detailed accounts and records involving the collection of college funds and bursar activities; secure cash collecting and reconciliation system.
• Coordinate and ensure accurate and timely production of general ledger, accounting and budget reports, prompt payment of invoices and issuance of statements for accounts receivable.
• Provide training and technical expertise to administrators, faculty, and staff for budget development and assist in resolving issues and conflicts on expenditures and budget.
• Advise campus community of changes to business office rules.
• Serve as the primary fiscal resource person for college management of grants agreements and other external financial and service relationships.
• Conduct special financial research or analytical studies to assist administrators in the formulation and planning of new or revised programs.
• Review and approve campus purchase requisitions and requests for checks, warrants, claims and reimbursement for expenses.
• Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) in executing, analyzing, verifying, and reporting transactions of a fiscal nature.
• Perform review of the college Business Services Office’s operations and processes, implement performance improvements, and improve financial operational efficiency and effectiveness between the college and district.
• Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and participate in selecting employees; train, counsel and discipline personnel according to established policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
2. Two years increasingly responsible experience in accounting and budgets and supervision of employees.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Previous supervisory and community college experience.
2. Proficiency in the use of spread sheet and software applications in an integrated accounting system
3. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
1. Typical office environment.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
The San Jose/Evergreen Community College District consists of two colleges. The metropolitan San Jose City College located just minutes from downtown San Jose, established in 1921, and the park-like Evergreen Valley College located in southeast San Jose at the foot of the Diablo Mountain range, which opened in 1975. The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2014, with enrollment of approximately 16,000 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 26%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 25%, American Indian/Native American 1%, White/Caucasian 8%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse management team consisting of 24% Hispanic/Latino, 20% Asian/Pacific Islander, 16% Black/African-American, 20% White/Caucasian, and 20% Others, as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: http://apptrkr.com/638024. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or http://www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.