Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/23/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Part-Time Nutritional Science Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART -TIME , ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the Association of College Educators (ACE ).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on a minimum salary range of $18,261-$20,955 per semester; maximum earnable up to $29,559.
1. Education – Possess one of the following:
• Master’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration; OR
• Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration, AND Master’s degree in chemistry, public health, or family and consumer studies/home economics; OR
• Possession of a valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in Foods, Food Services, and Related Technologies; OR
• The equivalent of the above.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively teach, counsel or work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds.
NOTE : A Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration, AND certification as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (verified by the Commission on Dietetics Registration) is an alternative qualification for this pursuant to title 5, section 53410.1.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
• Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities, evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught.
• Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
• Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
• Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
• Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
• Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
• Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
• Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
• Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
• Work cooperatively within the college community.
• Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
• Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
• Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/636633
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.