Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
• Supports the College-wide Dean of Information Technology in the successful implementation of strategic initiatives in the Information Technology Center
• Responsible for the development and evaluation of curriculum, academic plans, and programs. Leads program faculty and workforce instructors, in collaboration with advisory committee members, in ongoing program review, revision, and benchmarking toward meeting current and emerging industry needs
• Responsible for the oversight of IT Workforce Open Enrollment and Contract Training
• Focuses on providing high-visibility program marketing efforts with high schools, local hotels, resorts, special use venues and selected public focus groups
• Assists the IT Dean with the recruitment, selection, and supervision of full-time and adjunct faculty, workforce instructors, and staff.
• Responsible for the development and monitoring of effective course schedules and full-time and adjunct faculty assignments
• Responsible for developing and monitoring annual academic operating budgets within the division
• Encourages faculty professional development, including evaluation of performance, participation in appropriate development activities, and fulfilment of College service credit requirements
• Ensures the communication of important academic information, plans, activities and expectations for faculty and staff within the Center for IT
• Oversee the establishment of standards and procedures for purchase and use of all academic and workforce program supplies, including perishables
• Works closely with the Dean of Information Technology and Client Manager of Information Technology in the design, maintenance, and acquisition of facilities and capital equipment essential for a Center of Excellence
• Ensures that academic programs continue to meet standards as required for programmatic accreditation
• Conducts scans of real-time labor market information to ensure that academic and workforce offerings address the current and emerging needs of our IT Industry partners
• Provides division leadership in addressing student needs, including advising/mentoring, grade disputes, complaints, and other issues related to student success
• Collaborates with student services team members from partner campuses to schedule selected support services at the Center for IT to foster student success and program completion
• Leads the development of student internship and employment opportunities
• Works with internal and external colleagues to establish articulation agreements with selected colleges and universities.
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related technical field
• Demonstrated experience as a department manager or higher level in an area of Information Technology within a college or industry setting
• Demonstrated work experience in Information Technology
• Experience in supervising faculty and/or staff in daily divisional operations, budget management and program coordination
• Experience in implementing strategic initiatives
• Experience working with and demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population
• Teaching experience at the college level
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated change management skills
• Demonstrated commitment to student success and to enhancing teaching and learning
• Ability to work collaboratively with one’s peers in other disciplines, functional units and partner campuses
• Commitment to Innovation
• A commitment to one’s own professional development
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
• Doctorate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related technical field
• Demonstrated continuous process improvement skills
• Industry certification in Information Technology
• Demonstrated experience or working knowledge of Workforce training
• Demonstrated experience or working knowledge of academic quality systems
• Demonstrated team building skills
• Experience with diverse technology applications including SCT Banner
Standard college hours 8:30 – 5:00. Hours may vary depending on business units needs.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.