Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/9/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
JOB ID: 1422 - SATSS - FT
Cares for laboratory animals and performs a variety of custodial and clerical tasks related to operation of the department's laboratory.
1) Cares for laboratory animals according to established procedures; changing cages, monitoring health, providing food and water.
2) Organizes laboratory, work areas, equipment, and supplies; cleans cages, work area and equipment.
3) Transports materials which may include food, utensils, or animals to and from laboratory.
4) Receives and stores all laboratory equipment and supplies; maintains inventory of supplies; reorders as necessary.
5) Maintains and operates laboratory equipment.
6) May assist in student lab set up and clean up.
7) Occasional monitoring and training of student employees.
Working conditions: Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 lbs. Some exposure to unpleasant elements which are particularly disagreeable. Some element of personal risk due to handling of chemicals, extremely hot water, and/or animals.
Requires high school diploma or GED and six months of laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of laboratory procedures; ability to maintain records; requires driver's license.
The ability to work with precision doing repetitive tasks, strong observational skills, good communication skills.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.