Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/13/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This is a part-time position at 30 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
RISE is a National Science Foundation-funded 3-year project with Boston ABCD Head Start programs, located in the Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development. RISE focuses on ecologically valid, culturally relevant integrative preschool curriculum components and home-school connections as critical dimensions to support young DLL children's school success. The key elements of RISE include:(1) science, technology and engineering (STE) early learning as it develops with other school readiness skills (i.e., approaches to learning); and (2) home-school connections (HSC) forged through authentic exploration of meaningful family knowledge, activities, and routines related to STE.
The Curriculum Development Specialist and Classroom Coach will have responsibility for working with the Co-PI and larger Tufts team and Head Start colleagues to develop and integrate the RISE curriculum into the existing Head Start curriculum; and for providing in-classroom support and coaching to Head Start teachers in implementing the RISE curriculum materials. Specific responsibilities include:
* Scheduling/coordinating meetings and observations with Head Start teachers
* Keeping detailed meeting documents
* In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, ordering and maintaining curriculum supplies and equipment
* In collaboration with other senior staff, determining the best course of implmentation activities
* Preparation of RISE curriculum materials and workshops
* Participation in team meetings
* Communication with Project Manager and Research Team about project needs
* Master's degree
* Minimum of five (5) years of related experience
* Pre-K-2 or 1-6 teaching license
* Experience with early childhood professional development and/or early childhood curriculum development are a must. Classroom experience (PreK-2) is also required
* The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate an excellent academic record and the potential to engage in collaborative work with the full RISE team, including researchers and Head Start personnel
Experience serving diverse populations is preferred. Candidates with expertise in dual language learners and/or early STEM learning and teaching are especially encouraged to apply.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Participation in occasional Saturday workshops and team meetings is expected as well as occasional late afternoon/early evening meetings with Head Start teachers.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/2wfxz8p
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.