Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/4/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for coordinating the administrative functions of the department.
• Provides customer services; answers telephone and greet visitors; provides information and assistance; refers to appropriate personnel; takes messages and makes appointments.
• Posts job openings to the Career Center website; assists students in logging into website to search for jobs; monitors deadlines and removes postings in a timely manner.
• Assists students in completing career assessments.
• Assists in coordinating Career Center events; coordinates with industry, community groups and other academic institutions; prepares facility requests; prepares food requests; installs and removes event equipment; schedules volunteers.
• Assists in the scheduling of fall and spring job fairs; recruits companies to participate; prepares facility and food requests.
• Assists in planning various events throughout the year; attends planning meetings and records minutes; prepares materials for handouts and activities on days of events.
• Assists in reviewing student resumes and cover letters.
• Assists students with job searching.
• Monitors the use of the computer lab.
• Maintains and updates budget and financial reports; maintains confidential records and files.
• Prepares correspondence including student services monthly communicator.
• Prepares travel and purchase requisitions; orders office supplies.
• Sorts and distributes mail.
• Maintains department files and records.
• Operates a variety of office machines and equipment.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of college and program policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Knowledge of event planning principles.
• Knowledge of career services principles.
• Knowledge of quality improvement processes.
Knowledge of career technical education programs.
• Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
• Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in providing assistance to students.
The Director of Quality Improvement and Career Center assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include the employee handbook, budget documents, and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related administrative duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to coordinate the department’s administrative functions. Successful performance contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of department operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, students, business leaders, employers, school principals and counselors, employees of other colleges or universities, and the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.