Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/31/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management (AVP EM) plays a leadership role in the design, implementation, and management of a strategic, comprehensive, and integrated enrollment management program in an atmosphere of shared governance that encompasses all aspects of the student life-cycle, from the early pre-enrollment stage through to recruitment, retention, and graduation.
The AVP EM leads the development and implementation of a Strategic Enrollment Management Plan, which includes the goal of achieving Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) status by 2017-2018. The AVP EM is responsible for ensuring that the budget, planning, and operational functions and services of the Offices of Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, New Student Orientation, Excel (a program designed to recruit and then to enroll and to support Latino students who attend MSU Denver), High School Upward Bound, and Veteran’s Upward Bound are managed in an integrated manner and as a part of student-centered, user-friendly enrollment management processes. The AVP EM is responsible for collaborating with Information Technology Services to develop and implement appropriate technology and systems to ensure a coordinated enrollment management effort and cohesive, efficient, and effective service delivery.
The AVP EM works closely with the Provost/Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs (ASA) – and the ASA Senior Leadership Team – to facilitate student recruitment, retention, and graduation successes, particularly for underrepresented groups. The AVP EM is a member of the President’s Cabinet. The successful candidate must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population. In addition, the successful candidate will have proficiency in data analysis with a proven record of successfully using data-driven decision-making methods to achieve student success that derive from goals related to recruitment, retention, and graduation successes; this includes the ability to help with academic planning for current degree offerings (e.g., course, section, and seat demand and capacity analysis).
• 50% – Leading the development and implementation of a Strategic Enrollment Management Plan by collaborating with units and personnel across the University, including Information Technology Services, Academic and Student Affairs Offices, Administration and Finance, Marketing and Communications, and University Advancement. This effort to be supported by research and analysis efforts related to enrollment management including enrollment predictions and trend analyses; financial aid and scholarship awards; course and classroom availability; information dissemination to students; and examining methods to meet enrollment demands relative to course and room scheduling.
• 25% – Ensuring that MSU Denver employs student-centered and student-friendly enrollment processes – based on best practices literature – that provide an integrated, efficient, and effective delivery of services to our diverse and urban prospective and continuing students. Ensuring that the services and processes of the areas of responsibilities support the mission of the University.
• 10% – Providing direction to and supervision of the directors of Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, New Student Orientation, Excel, High School Upward Bound, Veteran’s Upward Bound, and overseeing all aspects of these offices. Continually examining and integrating new technology systems operations in these areas to promote more efficient, effective, and responsive processes.
• 10% – Serving as liaison between Enrollment Management and Marketing and Communications regarding recruitment communications materials and marketing strategies. Fostering cooperation and communication among the directors and their offices, the units, and the University.
• 5% – Assisting with enrollment projects as needed by the Provost/Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, and other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in higher education leadership positions, with a successful record of working with, motivating, and collaborating with faculty, staff, and students, including underrepresented student populations, including but not limited to students of color, and their families.
• Demonstrated experience working collaboratively across University branches and units to develop cooperative working relationships at all levels.
• Proven success with higher education recruitment, admissions and retention strategies, including record of developing and implementing a Strategic Enrollment Management Plan collaboratively and in an atmosphere of shared governance;
• Experience must include budgeting, personnel management, and an established history of enrollment management at a large, urban college or university serving a diverse and non-traditional student body.
• Demonstrated history of efforts to advance enrollment and retention of a large number of students from underrepresented populations, including students of color, at a large, public institution of higher education.
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in an area of higher education administration or a related field.
• Experience with current applications of enrollment management-related technologies, including student self-support options, with demonstrated efforts to stay current with such developing technologies.
• Experience collaborating with the work of the units which report directly to the position, including best practices to assess effectiveness of the units.
• A proven record of effective written and oral communications, interpersonal skills, a strong orientation toward customer service and student success, and data analysis that facilitates data-driven decision-making.
• 6-8 years of experience directing or in a management level position in one of the departments with direct report responsibility to the AVP EM.
• Experience working in one or more of the units which report directly to the position.
• Familiarity with the various compliance – Federal, state, and otherwise – issues related to the units that report to this position.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for or research about development of Hispanic Serving Institutions or other minority serving institutions.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com. Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
For full consideration, all application materials must be received by August 21, 2015.
This position will be open until interviews begin.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.