Detailed Job Description
Provides instructional support, technical assistance and customer service to campus faculty through the Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides instructional support, technical assistance and customer service to campus faculty (and staff, as appropriate).
2. Provides support for faculty in the use of technologies for teaching and learning, in all instructional modalities, according to established best practices.
3. Provides support for faculty in the development of technology-enhanced courses and instructional materials.
4. Works collaboratively with Manager, Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation, to ensure support and resources for both full-time and part-time faculty are provided based on established best practices and in accordance with established center goals.
5. Works collaboratively with Manager, Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation, to maintain materials collection and equipment inventory, including check-out and tracking of loaned materials and equipment.
6. Assists with the delivery of faculty development courses and presentations according to established best practices.
7. Assists in the setup, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment at the Center.
8. Responsible for maintaining a professional work environment within the Center.
9. Responsible for preserving the center's security integrity of equipment and information by adhering to established guidelines and procedures.
10. Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple projects, activities and tasks.
11. Participates in training and gathers appropriate resources to further develop skills and knowledge.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution or related experience with demonstrated computer expertise.
2. Experience in a customer service environment with excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Experience in teaching and/or training.
4. Experience with Learning Management Systems (preferred).
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of learning management systems, interactive and multimedia applications, authoring tools and standard software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics digital/movie editing, web development and database programs in support of teaching and learning, in all instructional modalities using variety of platforms.
2. Knowledge of ADA compliance and copyright in an academic environment.
3. Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Contribute, OneNote), Adobe Suite, and Camtasia.
4. Effective listening, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
5. Ability to establish and maintain highly effective professional relationships with campus faculty and staff.
6. Ability to work in a collaborative and team environment.
7. Ability to support and troubleshoot instructional- related and technological issues in person, by phone or by email.
8. Ability to contribute ideas and demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
9. Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
10. Ability to travel between campuses as needed.
11. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse populations.
12. Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively coordinate multiple activities.
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.