Detailed Job Description
The Department of Film, Video and Interactive Media, School of Communications, Quinnipiac University seeks applicants for a full-time, tenure track or renewable term contract faculty position in our Interactive Media graduate program beginning August, 2013.
Primary teaching responsibilities include graduate (on-line and on-campus) courses in the Interactive Media program in two or more of the following areas:
* Interactive media theory
* Writing for interactive media
* Social media
* Project planning
* Internet ethics and policy
* Animation, mobile, and dynamic techniques
Required Minimum Qualifications
The successful candidate will be required to conduct Master's portfolio and Master's project reviews. Undergraduate teaching in Interactive Media and other areas may be assigned. A tenure track appointment will require continuing scholarly research/activity and service to the University. The successful candidate will have practiced professionally in the field of interactive media with and will have the following qualifications:
* A Ph.D. OR Master's of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) degree, for tenure track appointment.
* A minimum of a graduate degree in Interactive Media or related field for renewable term appointment.
* A body of professional work and teaching experience that demonstrates a solid understanding of the production skills that are used to create online content or other interactive environments. A critical understanding of media theory, user centered design, interactive techniques, and social media is a must.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application materials should include cover letter that includes a statement of preference for either a renewable term appointment or a tenure track appointment and a url link to samples of professional/creative work; curriculum vitae and a statement of teaching philosophy. Evidence of successful teaching performance, three letters of reference and copies of transcripts will be sought from semi-finalist candidates.
Review of applications will begin October 15, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.