Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/25/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID# 1396. Unclassified - FT
Admission Counselor/Senior Admission Counselor to assume the management of a first-year recruitment territory to include 4-6 weeks of travel and with a focus on outreach and underrepresented student recruitment.
- Assist with on- and off-campus outreach visits, events, and programming; assist with the management of activities related to the recruitment and yield of underrepresented students and the coordination and advising of the Miami Ambassadors Creating Change (MACC) student organization.
Other duties include:
- Use market research and other admission data; prepare statistical reports and analyses;
- Monitor admission activity in critical markets;
- Coordinate recruitment activities, to include six weeks of travel with evening and weekend work expected;
- Organization, coordination, and management of on and off-campus recruitment events and other programs;
- Develop working knowledge of Miami University programs, opportunities, and policies;
- Communicate information about admission policies and procedures to prospective students, families, guidance counselors, community-based organizations and alumni volunteers;
- Develop and maintain relationships with high school counselors and community-based organizations;
- Participate in the review of admission applications;
- Participate in professional organizations and professional development activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (at the time of application). Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing ability; high level of organizational and self-starting skills; ability to work with minimal supervision; demonstrated commitment to recruiting individuals from diverse backgrounds; knowledge of and experience with computer systems and various software applications, preferred Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency; ability to lift 30-40 lbs of recruiting materials; valid drivers license; ability to perform overnight travel.
Candidates with more than two recruitment cycles of experience in admission, or more than two years of experience in higher education, recruitment, or marketing may be considered for Senior Admission Counselor.
Master's degree; experience with customer relations database (e.g., Hobson’s, Slate), Banner and Microsoft Access; experience working with school counselors, community-based organizations, and alumni volunteers.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.