Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/11/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Posting Number: FY13130191
Title: Assistant Dean/Director, Advising Center
Division: AA - Academic Affairs
Position Department: Office of Academic Services
Position Classification: EF - Exempt/Full Time
Position Band: 32E-Exempt/Salaried
Title of Person to which Position Reports: Assoc Dean, Academic Services
Description of Duties:
The Assistant Dean of Academic Services and Director of the Advising Center has programmatic responsibility for the on-going development and delivery of the university's academic advising system for all undergraduate students. This includes managing all operational aspects of the Academic Advising Center, on-going training of professional, faculty, and peer advisors, the maintenance of academic advising resources, the major declaration process, and collaboration with department chairs. Under the direction of the Associate Dean and in collaboration with the Office of Academic Services Deans, the Assistant Dean/Director of the Advising Center will assist with strategic planning for broad issues of the academic experience for undergraduate students.
Additional Description of Duties: * Provide strategic direction and management of the Academic Advising Center
* Manage professional advisor, graduate intern, peer advisor, and faculty mentor programs
* Establish and implement short- and long-range organizational goals, strategies, policies, and procedures
* Create and facilitate advising training programs
* Develop advising program assessment strategies and report and interpret findings
* Provide in-depth academic counseling to Bentley undergraduate students
* Work closely with department chairs and faculty mentors to help them better facilitate meaningful mentoring/advising relationships with students
* Initiate and maintain collaborations with other campus offices and departments in academic and student affairs
* Manage the creation and/or update of academic publications including academic advising center website, faculty/staff advising handbook, student advising workbook, academic advising brochures, degree requirement summaries, part-time evening schedule books, summer session schedule books, part-time evening program guidebooks, and annual report
* Serve on campus-wide standing and ad hoc committees
Master's Degree plus 7-10 years higher education experience in academic advising or academic affairs.
Software Knowledge: BANNER, COGNOS, DRUPLE
Required Applicant Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Months Per Year: 12
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hvrktrf
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.