Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/27/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the Registrar, the Records Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Record and file records and correspondence as well as update the student information database with changes of major, grades and status.
• Verify identity of clients and issue information, forms, transcripts, etc. as requested.
• Receive all forms submitted to the Office of the Registrar and processes, as appropriate.
• Manage and process enrollment verification requests.
• Assist with the graduation and diploma issuance and records process.
• Files using guidelines, complex rules, policies, and regulations for a Registrar’s Office.
• Responds to inquiries and resolves problems, which require the interpretation, explanation, and justification of organizational policies and procedures.
• Reviews processing procedures, forms and/or correspondence and makes suggestions for any needed changes, or creates new forms or correspondence as needed.
• Assists with research requested by faculty, staff and students, utilizing statistical enrollment data.
• Advises students regarding eligibility for veterans’ benefits as well as assistance in procuring and completing the required forms and certifications for veterans' benefits.
• Assists in the preparation of VA and NCAA certifications/enrollments.
• Performs quality control audit of paper and electronic reports, documents, and transactions.
• Supervise, train, and direct student workers/graduate externs.
• Maintains an extensive knowledge of the college, state and federal laws, policies and procedures related to processing official admission or academic student records, and keeps current on any changes.
• Complete all other duties assigned by the Assistant/Associate Registrar or Registrar.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Associate’s Degree is required
• Bachelor's Degree is preferred
• Required Field of Expertise includes experience in higher education a plus, especially in a student records or service area
• Strong Customer service skills
• Strong Computer Skills
• Ability to multi-task in a high volume work environment
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Graduate and Adult Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references (all saved as one document) via this online application:
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.