Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and liberal arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and liberal arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
ResponsibilitiesTechnical and engineering position that performs the general engineering and technical tasks needed to provide and provision core data network services to the students, Faculty and Staff of the campus community and for communication to the external community. Provide direct and indirect customer support in the resolution of data network and services issues. Tasks include the installation, management, configuration, administration and repair of network hardware, application servers, and network distribution, routing and security software and hardware, and physical infrastructure.
1. Manage network and network services hardware and cabling, including maintenance, configuration, design, monitoring, and upgrading. Install, maintain and administer assigned servers and switches, including data backups and archiving, and provide assistance to other server and application administrators as needed or assigned. Help to maintain and improve network security measures to protect data and systems. Manage Wireless networks, including configuration and monitoring, infrastructure, access points, and controllers. Maintain and configure core, border, and edge switches and routers; Act as primary point-of-contact for Internet Data and Phone providers. Provide other Infrastructure group support and assistance as necessary or assigned.
2. Support customers by responding to trouble reports regarding network connectivity, server issues, or hardware and infrastructure issues to ensure that network infrastructure, network services and application servers remain functional. Work closely and integrate with Tier 1 (Helpdesk) and Tier 2 (Workstation/Tech Services) for customer support issues. Address trouble tickets submitted to Network Group for network infrastructure problems. Be available for scheduled downtimes during weekends and off-hours, and emergency issues. Assist Telecom department and technical personnel in phone circuit(s) and network support.
3. Produce and maintain system documentation, user guides and manuals, system management reports and support end-user needs. Conduct training of fellow members of the technical staff on technical issues and systems for which he/she is proficient, and participate in such training given by others.
4. Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of College network infrastructure and server expansion, upgrades and improvement. Manage projects as assigned by the Director of Infrastructure, Network Manager, and/or CTO. Provide information and research for logical network topology planning and implementation.
5. Assist the Director of Infrastructure, Network Manager, and/or CTO in planning, and research, and advise them on best practices and new products and technologies. Recommend general operating policies and procedures.
6. Interface with vendors and contractors as necessary for Network and Infrastructure Support issues and research.
Experience and Qualifications:Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
PREFERRED: Bachelor’s degree in an information technology field or equivalent education
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience): A minimum of five years experience in data network support and server administration
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical) Advanced network and server troubleshooting skills; experience with network hardware, design and support; advanced understanding of TCP/IP protocol, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching, and others used in networking such as SNMP; experience with network services such as DHCP, DNS, LDAP, and Radius; advanced Linux/Unix (including Samba and Apache) and Windows system administration experience, as well as experience with Windows networking and Active Directory; Netware and other Novell product experience; ability to program automated processes using scripting languages; familiarity with the configuration and administration of Cisco, Juniper, and other network switching equipment; familiarity with firewalls and firewall methods and rules; familiarity with network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios, MRTG; familiarity with telephone and data cabling systems and termination; strong experience with wireless networks; the ability to work effectively with a variety of technicians and end users; strong communications skills and the ability to document system technical information in a clear and organized fashion; the ability to function within and promote a team environment with a strong customer service ethic; willingness to take responsibility for ensuring system functionality at all times and for the successful resolution of customer issues that come his/her way. Licenses & Certifications: PREFERRED: Cisco, Novell, Juniper, Windows, Linux
Other Requirements: Available after-hours in emergency and maintenance situations.
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College. A complete application includes: A letter of interest and how you are prepared to support the Mission of the College A resume and an on-line application The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who submit names of references should expect that references will be contacted, in confidence, by the College and that credentials will be confirmed prior to hire. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry. Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.