Detailed Job Description
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for all digital marketing efforts including search engine marketing, paid social media, content syndication and traditional display units. The Digital Marketing Manager is aware of emerging trends and tools in the digital media space and is responsible for testing, optimizing and tracking digital marketing performance. The incumbent supports promotional efforts for the broader university and the PreparedU brand, but the primary focus is to support Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions departments to attract prospective students.
Additional Description of Duties:
- Develop digital marketing campaigns that inform, engage and acquire prospective students, both undergraduate and graduate. Devise inbound marketing strategies to drive online traffic to the University website.
- Oversee search engine optimization/marketing (SEO/SEM), AdWords, keywords, metatag-optimizing on Web content for search engines. Drive the strategy for the digital media plan and creative optimization using data and insights.
- Develop creative briefs and test creative executions to inform copy and design optimizations.
- Oversee development and design of retargeting ads working with design colleagues. Recommend and implement strategies related to content distribution, syndication, and amplification, using paid social media (.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) and digital distribution channels (Outbrain, Viral Gains, Taboola).
- Create opportunities to test new audience segments, creative executions, media partners, and digital media tactics.
- Set and achieve acquisition goals for the digital media channel through accurate forecasting, investment management, media optimization and forecast recalibration.
- Measure campaign effectiveness by tracking and monitoring key performance indicators including impressions, clicks, take rates, conversion rates and CPA.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing or business, plus minimum of 3 - 5 years of related experience, preferably in digital marketing or media.
- Experience developing, implementing, tracking and optimizing digital media plans.
- Ability to read data in multiple formats and pull together insights that drive strategy.
- Proven track record of setting and meeting qualitative goals for both brand and direct response objectives.
- Ability to identify needs in reporting, create reports and illustrate data to answer key questions that drive digital marketing optimization.
- Strong understanding or proven aptitude for learning the technical side of digital media including ad serving, DSP optimization, targeting, audience data usage or multi-touch attribution.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts and strategies sufficient to follow general direction, grasp rationale for projects, and contribute fresh ideas in marketing.
- Demonstrated expertise in digital media and web analytics; equally comfortable with creative content and media, setting campaign goals, and designing reports to illustrate performance.
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Planning, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strategic mindset with proven success leading digital initiatives that support marketing goals.
- Demonstrated capacity to be goal-oriented and skilled in problem-solving.
- Proven track record of identifying innovation solutions and efficiencies in the execution of digital marketing campaigns from concept through reporting.
- Knowledge of Basecamp project management software desirable.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.