Detailed Job Description
Oversee certification and disbursement of the Federal Student Loan program. Supervise and train staff which includes the Operations Coordinator and Aviation Manager. Perform daily data load processes of Federal Financial Aid information into the Banner Financial Aid system. Oversee accuracy of verification.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities
-Consult with Director concerning operational needs, problems, changes and enhancements recommending new initiatives for future needs. 10%
-Performs daily data load processes. Prepare, analyze and verify accuracy of all information transmitted. Maintain creation, accuracy, and submission of operations calendar. 30%
-Verifies and clears student aid disbursement holds resulting from loan disbursement issues. 10%
-Oversee Pell grant and loan reconciliation. 10%
-Supervises and evaluates operational employees. 20%
-Formulate training materials, media, and activities that ensure continuous improvement. 10%
-Other duties as assigned 10%
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Business Management, Behavioral Science or related study AND two years full-time paid experience related to the summary of duties. Part-time experience is prorated.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of federal regulations pertaining to financial aid including need analysis, eligibility assessment, packaging strategies, and satisfactory academic progress.
-Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Financial Aid Banner system and related module components.
-High technical aptitude; ability to research technical issues independently, learn quickly and pay attention to detail.
-Ability to lead and supervise professional staff.
-Ability to effectively provide expert knowledge, advise, training and expertise to administration, faculty, staff and students.
-Knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, power point, INTERNET tools, email systems, and other general computer skills.
-Skill in problem solving, technical troubleshooting, decision-making, and prioritization.
-Excellent organizational skills and highly motivated.
-Effective communication skills, professionalism and ethics and the ability to maintain confidentiality in regards to all federal and state regulations (i.e. FERPA, GRAMA, etc.).
-Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org