Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/21/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1379. Unclassified - FT
This salaried position's responsibilities are to supervise all aspects of the Club Sports program, including but not limited to finance, data collection, risk management, facility scheduling, university policy compliance, youth programs, and special events for 50 club sport teams.
- Create and implement marketing goals, plans and strategies for the department and individual teams.
- Responsible for youth gymnastics program scheduling, finances, marketing, registration, and risk management.
- Hire, train, schedule, and evaluate youth gymnastics instructors, club sport supervisors, and student marketing team.
- Schedule, plan and provide supervision for 100 club sport home events each year.
- Implement training and development of 200 club sport officers and 1,500 participants.
- Track compliance of policies including but not limited to meetings, reports, and paperwork.
- Liaison with advisors and coaches pertaining to club sport matters.
- Responsible for completion of payroll for all student staff.
- Serve on RSC committees and be a consultant for all in matters of expertise.
- Assists with facility coverage and other departmental special events.
- Attend and present at regional and national conferences.
- Develop strategic plans, goals and objectives, and program assessments for the Club Sport program.
- Maintain inventories for equipment and supplies needed for the Club Sports program.
- Assist with university funding procedures and fundraising for club sport teams.
- Provide training workshops for club sport officers related to risk management, fundraising, leadership, and other pertinent topics.
- Establish working relationships with individuals, agencies, and groups that further enhance the mission of Club Sports.
- Perform duties with limited supervision and is responsible for making significant independent decisions.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Assist with supervision of 45 – 50 club sport presidents
- Direct and functional supervision of 6-8 student supervisors and 3-5 student marketing interns
- Direct and functional supervision of 20 youth gymnastics instructors
Bachelor’s degree in sports administration or closely related field or equivalent experience.
Previous experience in supervision of student staff and youth programming.
Master’s degree in Behavior Sciences or related field.
Previous experience working in club sports setting
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.