Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/11/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The successful candidate is skilled at facilitating collaboration across academic departments. The Department of Education offers a variety of licensure programs, including elementary education and numerous K-12 and secondary majors. Approximately 15% of the students in each graduating class are education majors, making teacher education one of the largest programs on campus. Graduates of the Department of Education have a reputation for teaching effectiveness among area elementary and secondary school districts. Faculty members in the Department of Education work closely with area teachers to ensure that its programs are relevant and grounded in best practice.
Concordia College and the Department of Education offer multiple opportunities for global study, undergraduate research, service learning, and sustainable practices. Concordia College offers a M.Ed. in World Language Instruction, and is open to expanding its graduate offerings.
Concordia College is a selective Lutheran (ELCA) liberal arts college of 2800 undergraduates located in Moorhead (MN)/Fargo (ND), a growing metropolitan area of 150,000. Please visit our website at http://cord.edu/. Concordia College offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. If interested in this opportunity please apply at http://hr.cord.edu
● Provide leadership in developing a strategic plan for teacher education at Concordia College
● Serve as an advocate for Concordia College teacher education on campus, in the
greater Fargo-Moorhead community, and regionally
● Collaborate with other academic departments, the Division Chair for Professional Programs,
and the Dean of Arts and Sciences to build on the foundation of excellence that is a hallmark of
Concordia College teacher education
● Coordinate Minnesota Board of Teaching program approval and implement other state policies
● Supervise departmental faculty and staff, including Director of Field Experiences,
Administrative Assistant/Assessment Coordinator, and Office Manager
● Develop and oversee departmental budget
● Teach one course per semester in area of expertise
● Nurture and maintain positive relationships with area schools
● Monitor advising processes and mentor students considering careers in education
● Represent Concordia College at meetings of state and national teacher education organizations
New Position: tenure eligible, competitive salary
● Doctorate in Education or related field from a regionally-accredited institution
● Teaching experience in K-12 schools
● Record of teaching and scholarship appropriate for appointment at the associate or full
● Demonstrated ability as a team leader
● Knowledge of program approval and accreditation
● Understanding and appreciation of the role of teacher education at a liberal arts college
● Previous administrative experience in higher education is desirable
● Sympathy with the mission of the College
If interested in this opportunity, please apply at http://hr.cord.edu
Screening begins October 15, 2012. Position open until filled.
For more information contact:
Dr. Sue Pierson Ellingson, Department of Education
901 8th Street S.
Moorhead MN 56562,
Phone: (218) 299-3634
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.