Detailed Job Description
Provides a broad range of support duties including administrative, hospitality, technical, and some physical tasks in support of assigned department.
School of Public SafetyDepartment: Continuing Education Business Administration
Essential Job Functions
1. Supports and coordinates the operation of a department by performing multiple complex administrative, hospitality and technical duties, including budget management, marketing support, training support, event coordination, document/spreadsheet creation, and/or classroom/facilities scheduling.
2. Provides implementation and delivery support to facilitators and instructors to ensure the highest quality of delivery and customer/learner satisfaction.
3. Ensures classrooms and facilities are reserved and properly set up.
4. Ensures materials and supplies are prepared for implementation. Assists in the coordination of class, course, and program delivery logistics as needed.
5. Monitors and maintains inventories of educational books, materials and supplies.
6. Orders and purchases books, materials, and supplies. May be responsible for purchasing card and account reconciliation activities.
7. Assists with coordinating and developing special projects, workshops, seminars and presentations.
8. May assist in the development of marketing, training and/or learning materials.
9. May be responsible for keeping related records and entering facility, course, and/or learner/participant information into the learning management system or other appropriate system.
10. Liaisons and interacts with external stakeholders, vendors, and various college employees in support of department initiatives. Performs related research as needed.
11. Prepares regular activity reports and provides to necessary individuals/departments.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
2. Experience in supporting training and development activities.
3. Experience operating and training others in the use of multimedia equipment.
4. Experience in a dynamic, fast paced, customer responsive environment.
5. Experience in coordinating budgets preferred.
6. Valid Florida driver's license, reliable personal transportation, and proof of automobile insurance may be required.
7. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of office administration.
2. Knowledge of the principles and practices of event coordination and/or training and development.
3. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
4. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
6. Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
7. Ability to think through problems and seek solutions.
8. Ability to conduct research, make recommendations, and prepare reports and spreadsheets.
9. Ability to organize work, prioritize multiple assignments, make appropriate decisions, and meet deadlines.
10. Ability to perform work that requires a high level of attention to detail.
11. Ability to travel between campus and to various worksites in the Orlando area, as needed.
12. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student and employee populations.
$34,459 Per Year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.